Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 PM

84 posts, read 208,604 times

Advertisements

Anyone use them? I've had it up to my eyeballs with my current bank. Should have left months ago but kept putting it off and now I've gotten charged for some crazy a** overdraft charges. More than half of the people I've asked for suggestion as to where to take my business said to go to a credit union near me. Found this one and haven't seen any bad reviews yet, but I'm picking my next bank very carefully. TIA for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Yes - they have been very good. The *only* problem is they don't take the charges on your debit card out until they have been paid out and if you travel, it is stricly a local credit union, but other than that they are very very good. Never had a problem. So you have to be much more diligent on logging your balance than you would with a bank card where the minute the charge is made it is logged against your balance. At least that is the way it "was" - I have not used my Founders debit card for 2 years - just keep the account as a 2nd local acct.

Now in terms of overdrafts - if you overdraft they *will* charge you but I have seen some crazy charges at Walkallovaya - where they charge balance transfer fee [when you have on account back up your checking acct] before the charge has been paid to the vendor, even if you go home and transfer funds between two accounts immediately.

My husband also banks at First Citizen's and has been VERY pleased with them. When he has had a check bounce on him that would result in him bouncing a check, they have acutally CALLED him to let him know it was going to happen so he could prevent charges to his acct.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 AM

161 posts, read 528,986 times
Founders is excellent. Been using them for years and never a problem. Besides, why use a bank which lines the fat cat's pockets with your money. Since Founders is a cooperative, any profits are returned to YOU periodically. BTW, free checking accounts, lower interest loans and lower interest credit cards. A no brainer.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:23 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Our son-in-law had been with Founders for years and he has always been happy with them.

We have been with ArrowPointe Federal CU (formerly Bowater FCU) for over 20 years. Hubby retired from Bowater and he always had all his banking with the credit union while I banked with Rock Hill National Bank ... RHNB was a little hometown bank that was bought up by Nations Bank ... and I was introduced to "BIG BOYS" banking ... Nations was then bought up or became Bank of America ... I bailed out since I couldn't afford all their charges and screw-ups.

With a credit union you have someone that you can talk to, that knows you and like ArrowPointe they knew my kids when they were young and opened their first accounts there. Our daughter still has her account with ArrowPointe even though son-in-law is with Founders.

I think you will be pleased with the services and fees at Founders.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,053 times
I just closed a loan with them (yes, there are financial institutions lending right now!) and had a little problem but fabulous service recovery. I'm a very pleased new member.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:33 AM

23 posts, read 76,292 times
We have been using them for years now and have been VERY happy with them. I would recommend that you use a credit union over a regular bank any day regardless.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:14 AM

14 posts, read 34,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
Anyone use them? I've had it up to my eyeballs with my current bank. Should have left months ago but kept putting it off and now I've gotten charged for some crazy a** overdraft charges. More than half of the people I've asked for suggestion as to where to take my business said to go to a credit union near me. Found this one and haven't seen any bad reviews yet, but I'm picking my next bank very carefully. TIA for any advice.
I've been with Founders for 15 years. I absolutely love them. Opened another account @ Bank of America (of course I kept Founders)due to our company drafting automatic payroll to them. That lasted about 2 months. I told my employer to either give me hard copy of check or make changes to draft at my bank. Well they didn't make a change to draft @ Founders but I do get a "hard" check now. I will never change banks. Very courteous and efficient. Also, no "hidden" fees.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,264 times
FFCU is a great place to bank. I have been using them for over 20 years now. Dividends are returned to members from profits each year. Friendly loan dept. and tellers. BTW, you can set up checking account with overdraft protection- if you overdraft on checking, it will come from your savings account, with no fee to you. I believe it will overdraft twice per month- I have not used the overdraft in years, but I think it is the same.

Overdraft worked great for my college student who couldn't seem to keep up with his balance. They also have online banking which is what I use. It works just great.

Low interest loans also. They treat you like you matter to them, not like the larger chain banks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties