Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to South Carolina: Fort Mill, neighborhood, horseback riding trips, summer camps, four seasons.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:18 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabet View Post
We are looking to buy a home in Regent Park in the near future. My sister from New York is also looking in that area. Can anyone comment on the the townhomes like Ryan and KB homes in that area? Does this area have a good resale value? Does anyone live in Regent Park? We currenlty live in N.C Thanks
may I suggest (if you have not done so already) do a search on the NC and SC side using Regent Park (and read through them all).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 04:54 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscap View Post
I posted this in Charlotte forum, but I never know whether that forum or this one is right for Fort Mill questions..

I have a 5th grade girl and a 6th grade boy that REFUSE to even open their mind to the possibility that they could be happier in Fort Mill than in NY (where I currently live). I've tried the argument "we could then afford to go on vacations, and I could drive a nicer car, and mommy can stay home all day and clean your rooms.." They didn't buy it.

We are looking at Baxter or Tega, though DH likes the acreage of Olde Williamsburg. Anyway....anyone have children of similar ages that can share their experiences relocating to Fort Mill? Anything directly from the mouths of babes is encouraged - I plan on printing this out and sharing it with my children.

We are going down as a family next week, I'd love to know what to show them to really draw them in...

Oh, and part 2 of this post - we're visiting next Weds - Sunday (Easter Weekend). I know church is very big down there compared to where I am now. Does everything shut down for Good Friday and Easter? I'm afraid we'll take the trip and everything will seem desolate because it's Easter Weekend (and the beginning of a school holiday). That certainly WOULD NOT HELP my cause!!

thanks everyone, you've all been so helpful so far, sorry for the long post!
rscap
I'd tell them, the sun shine way way more than up in the NE #1.

#2 they can go swimming way more in SC than NY, simply due to the weather. They'll have lots of kids to play with too.

#3 you have 4 seasons in SC, compared to the NE of winter, almost spring, 2 weeks of summer and orange barrel season, and almost winter, and winter again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties