Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 PM

116 posts, read 551,389 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are closing on our new home in SUtton Place off of Sutton Road in mid-June. I was wondering if anyone knew who I should contact for utilities. We know about Comporium with telephone, cable, and internet, however, I am not sure about electric, gas, or water/sewer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 AM

474 posts, read 1,750,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD/MBA View Post
My wife and I are closing on our new home in SUtton Place off of Sutton Road in mid-June. I was wondering if anyone knew who I should contact for utilities. We know about Comporium with telephone, cable, and internet, however, I am not sure about electric, gas, or water/sewer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are in Walden Park, pretty close to you off of Harris Street. You will use the town of Fort Mill for water and sewer, York County for natural gas (although you can set it up through the town of Fort Mill when you do water and sewer), and Duke Energy for electric.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:42 AM

Thank you. It is confusing with YEC vs Duke and Fort Mill Water and Sewer although we are not in Fort Mill. Anyway thank you.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:31 AM

75 posts, read 222,489 times
Hi,
We are planning on moving to Fort Mill as soon as we sell our house in PA. We checked out Baxter Village while we visited last month, but although we like one of the houses, found them to be a bit more than we'd like to spend (with little property). I understand Sutton Place is very close by, how do you like the development/houses? I believe they are Ryan homes (which we have presently in PA). Are the bathrooms really small?
I really appreciate your input!
Thank you, Gayle

Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgayle View Post
Hi,
We are planning on moving to Fort Mill as soon as we sell our house in PA. We checked out Baxter Village while we visited last month, but although we like one of the houses, found them to be a bit more than we'd like to spend (with little property). I understand Sutton Place is very close by, how do you like the development/houses? I believe they are Ryan homes (which we have presently in PA). Are the bathrooms really small?
I really appreciate your input!
Thank you, Gayle
We love our master bath. The Master suite is over 800 square feet and the shower actually has enough room for a bench seat that you can sit on out of the water stream (wife likes for leg shaving). Anyway the secodary bath upstairs has dual vanities and the down stairs powder room is about 7X10 so not that small either. We chose the Avalon model because of the size of the rooms. We have had 3rd party inspectors at every step of construction view the home (horror stories we had heard with all builders) and the inspectors actually complimented the construction quality. Only found one issue with a cracked step. I called my construction supervisor and he had already had it scheduled for replacement following their personal inspection.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM

251 posts, read 1,128,956 times
Sutton Place and in fact the entire Baxter Village complex is served by York Electric Cooperative, in fact, I believe all of Fort Mill west of I-77 (except the actual city of Tega Cay) is served by York. This is a good thing since in SC coop rates are lower than the commercial electric providers. Santee Cooper, a state owned power generation authority similar to the TVA nationally, generates power for all Coops in the state, thus the savings....

Old 06-02-2007, 07:17 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,442,516 times
Thanks for the info as I need it too.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM

75 posts, read 222,489 times
Thanks PharmD, we will have to check out Sutton Place as soon as we can. Maybe I can find plans online. Enjoy your new home!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,442,516 times
What is the gas service in Ft. Mill east of 77 near Dobys Bridge rd?

Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 PM

474 posts, read 1,750,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
What is the gas service in Ft. Mill east of 77 near Dobys Bridge rd?
We have York County Natural Gas and we are east of 77 in Walden Park. We were able to set it up in the Town of Fort Mill offices when we set up our water, sewer and trash services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties