- All Cities
- British Columbia
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
This city population and dwellings statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
|British Columbia:||7.0%|2001 to 2006 population change
Total private dwellings:
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||85.0|
Other nearby cities
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in this city
Labour, occupation and industry details for Kelowna
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for Kelowna
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This city:||23,692 CAD|
|British Columbia:||25,722 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Province:||24,867 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
This city marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 91,410
|Province:||59.4%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 62,085
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Kelowna
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in this city
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
Kelowna mobility details
Kelowna - Place of residence in 2005
Kelowna - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Kelowna
Education attainment in this city
Airports Located in this city
- Kelowna (Alpine) Heliport (TC LID: CAB7)
- Kelowna (Wildcat Helicopters) Heliport (TC LID: CWC2)
- Kelowna International Airport (TC LID: CYLW)
Companies Located in Kelowna
- Altek Power Corporation
- CAMMAC GROUP INC.
- Diamcor Mining Inc.
- FirstSmart Sensor Corp.
- Golden Raven Resources Ltd.
- Metalex Ventures Ltd.
- Paragon Pharmacies Limited (formerly Rinoa Enterprises Ltd.)
- QHR Technologies Inc.
- Savary Capital Corp.
- Sun-Rype Products Ltd.
- Wolf Capital Corp.
Federal Corporations inside this city
- One Click Voice Inc.
- 7035462 CANADA INC.
- ALTENE (CANADA) INC.
- Canada Strategic Financial Ltd.
- DAKSTJ Ventures LTD.
- GLOBAL VILLAGE BACKPACKERS (VANCOUVER) INC.
- KeyNote Productions Inc.
- NORTHERN AIR SUPPORT LTD.
- SNC-LAVALIN O&M SERVICES INC.
- Urban Distilleries Inc.
Hospitals inside this city
Radio stations inside this city
- CBTK-FM (88.9)
- CHSU-FM (99.9)
- CILK-FM (93.1)
- CJUI-FM (103.9)
- CKFR-AM (1150)
- CKKO-FM (96.3)
- CKLZ-FM (104.7)
- CKQQ-FM (103.1)
TV Stations Located in Kelowna
Universities inside this city
- University of British Columbia
Sports teams located in this city
- Tacoma Rockets (Hockey)
- Chase Chiefs (Hockey)
- Kelowna Falcons (Baseball)
- Kelowna Wings (Hockey)
- Kelowna Heat (Baseball)
Notable people related to this cityBirthplace of:
Home town of:
- Taylor Kitsch
- Lee Tockar
- Kelsey Ramsden
- Josh Gorges (Ice Hockey Player)
- Datsik (Musical Artist)
- Jonathan Filewich (Ice Hockey Player)
- Janyse Jaud
- Justin Bourne (Ice Hockey Player)
- Dave Barr (Golfer)
- Danny Watkins (NFL Player)
- Justin Schultz (Ice Hockey Player)
- William Richards Bennett (Politician)
- Scotty Mac (Wrestler)
- Steve Bozek (Ice Hockey Player)
- Jeff Zimmerman (MLB Player)
- Chad Brownlee (Ice Hockey Player)
- Jeanna Schraeder (Curler)
- Dustin Sylvester (Ice Hockey Player)
- Brian M. Jean (Politician)
- Jeff Chiba Stearns (Writer)
Death place of:
Resting place of:
- William Andrew Cecil Bennett (Politician)
- Erik Nielsen (Politician)
- Juha Widing (Ice Hockey Player)
- David Steuart (Politician)
- Ron Stewart (Ice Hockey Player)
- Phil Hergesheimer (Ice Hockey Player)
- Frank Snowsell (Politician)
- Don Ashby (Ice Hockey Player)
- Bert Raymond Leboe (Politician)
- George Whittaker (Politician)
- Philip Rodger Beattie
- Patrick Clark
Museums in this city
- Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art
Radio stations located in Kelowna
- CBTK-FM (88.9 MHz)
- CKQQ-FM (103.1 MHz)
- CKFR (1150 kHz)
- CILK-FM (101.5 MHz)
- CHSU-FM (99.9 MHz)
- CJUI-FM (103.9 MHz)
- CKKO-FM (96.3 MHz)
- CKLZ-FM (104.7 MHz)
Universities located in this city
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of British Columbia Okanagan
- Okanagan University College
- Southern Medical Program – UBC Okanagan
- Okanagan College
- The University of British Columbia Fisheries Centre
- Liu Institute for Global Issues
Theatres located in this city
Albums recorded in this city
- Great White Whale
- Disrupt Degrade & Devastate
TV stations in this city
- CHBC-DT (Digital: 27 UHF)
Newspapers in Kelowna
Airlines in this city
- Flair Airlines (IATA: F8, ICAO: FLE)
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter (IATA: KW, ICAO: KFA)
Buildings located in this city
- Rotary Centre for the Arts
- Kelowna Community Theatre
Companies in this city
- Sun-Rype Products Ltd.
- Koingo Software
- Continental Newspapers Canada Ltd.
- Disney Canada Inc.
- Hyper Hippo Games
Ski areas located in this city
- Big White Ski Resort
- Red Mountain Resort
Shoping malls in Kelowna
- Orchard Park Shopping Centre
- Casorso Elementary (3675 Casorso Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 528)
- Pearson Road Elementary (700 Pearson Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 313)
- Raymer StrongStart Centre (657 Raymer Ave, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Ellison Elementary (3735 Parkdale Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 250)
- Quigley Elementary (705 Kitch Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 286)
- Dorothea Walker Elementary (4346 Gordon Dr, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 446)
- Hudson Road StrongStart Centre (1221 Hudson Rd, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Adult Education SD#23 (1825 Richter St, Enrollment: 7)
- South Rutland StrongStart Centre (200 Mallach Rd, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Glenmore Elementary (960 Glenmore Dr, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 579)
- Ecole de l'Anse-au-sable (675 Lequime Rd, Gradespan: K-12, Enrollment: 175)
- Heritage Christian Online School (DL) (905 Badke Rd, Gradespan: K-12, Enrollment: 3,298)
- Immaculata Regional High School (1493 K.L.O. Rd, Gradespan: 8-12, Enrollment: 242)
- Watson Road Elementary (475 Yates Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 528)
- Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School (950 Academy Way, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 195)
- 33 more...
Citizenship and immigration
Kelowna citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population
|Province:||25.3%|Aboriginal identity population Total: 6,120
This city Minority Population Characteristics
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Wineries in this city
- Mission Hill Winery
- Quails' Gate Winery
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery
Bridges in Kelowna
- William R. Bennett Bridge
- Okanagan Lake Bridge
Stadiums located in Kelowna
- Prospera Place
- Apple Bowl
- Elks Stadium
IUCN protected areas located in Kelowna
- Fintry Provincial Park and Protected Area
Lakes in this city
- All Cities
- British Columbia
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2015 Advameg, Inc.