- All Cities
- British Columbia
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
This city population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
|Province:||7.0%|2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||85.0|
Other nearby cities
Earnings and income details for this city
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This city:||23,692 CAD|
|Province:||25,722 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Province:||24,867 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Occupation and industry
|British Columbia:||61.6%|Unemployment rate
Labour force activity in this city
Labour, occupation and industry details for Kelowna
Mode of transportation to work
Discuss Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Albums recorded in Kelowna
- Great White Whale
- Disrupt Degrade & Devastate
Newspapers in Kelowna
Theatres located in Kelowna
Airlines in this city
- Flair Airlines (IATA: F8, ICAO: FLE)
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter (IATA: KW, ICAO: KFA)
Lakes in Kelowna
- Casorso Elementary (3675 Casorso Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 528)
- Pearson Road Elementary (700 Pearson Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 313)
- Raymer StrongStart Centre (657 Raymer Ave, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Ellison Elementary (3735 Parkdale Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 250)
- Quigley Elementary (705 Kitch Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 286)
- Dorothea Walker Elementary (4346 Gordon Dr, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 446)
- Hudson Road StrongStart Centre (1221 Hudson Rd, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Adult Education SD#23 (1825 Richter St, Enrollment: 7)
- South Rutland StrongStart Centre (200 Mallach Rd, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Glenmore Elementary (960 Glenmore Dr, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 579)
- Ecole de l'Anse-au-sable (675 Lequime Rd, Gradespan: K-12, Enrollment: 175)
- Heritage Christian Online School (DL) (905 Badke Rd, Gradespan: K-12, Enrollment: 3,298)
- Immaculata Regional High School (1493 K.L.O. Rd, Gradespan: 8-12, Enrollment: 242)
- Watson Road Elementary (475 Yates Rd, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 528)
- Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School (950 Academy Way, Gradespan: K-6, Enrollment: 195)
- 33 more...
Radio stations located in this city
- CBTK-FM (88.9 MHz)
- CKQQ-FM (103.1 MHz)
- CKFR (1150 kHz)
- CILK-FM (101.5 MHz)
- CHSU-FM (99.9 MHz)
- CJUI-FM (103.9 MHz)
- CKKO-FM (96.3 MHz)
- CKLZ-FM (104.7 MHz)
Bridges in Kelowna
- William R. Bennett Bridge
- Okanagan Lake Bridge
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
|British Columbia:||41.9|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Notable people related to KelownaBirthplace of:
Home town of:
- Taylor Kitsch
- Lee Tockar
- Kelsey Ramsden
- Josh Gorges (Ice Hockey Player)
- Datsik (Musical Artist)
- Jonathan Filewich (Ice Hockey Player)
- Janyse Jaud
- Justin Bourne (Ice Hockey Player)
- Dave Barr (Golfer)
- Danny Watkins (NFL Player)
- Justin Schultz (Ice Hockey Player)
- William Richards Bennett (Politician)
- Scotty Mac (Wrestler)
- Steve Bozek (Ice Hockey Player)
- Jeff Zimmerman (MLB Player)
- Chad Brownlee (Ice Hockey Player)
- Jeanna Schraeder (Curler)
- Dustin Sylvester (Ice Hockey Player)
- Brian M. Jean (Politician)
- Jeff Chiba Stearns (Writer)
Death place of:
Resting place of:
- William Andrew Cecil Bennett (Politician)
- Erik Nielsen (Politician)
- Juha Widing (Ice Hockey Player)
- David Steuart (Politician)
- Ron Stewart (Ice Hockey Player)
- Phil Hergesheimer (Ice Hockey Player)
- Frank Snowsell (Politician)
- Don Ashby (Ice Hockey Player)
- Bert Raymond Leboe (Politician)
- George Whittaker (Politician)
- Philip Rodger Beattie
- Patrick Clark
Shoping malls in Kelowna
- Orchard Park Shopping Centre
Sports teams located in this city
- Tacoma Rockets (Hockey)
- Chase Chiefs (Hockey)
- Kelowna Falcons (Baseball)
- Kelowna Wings (Hockey)
- Kelowna Heat (Baseball)
Museums in this city
- Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art
TV stations in this city
- CHBC-DT (Digital: 27 UHF)
Universities located in Kelowna
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of British Columbia Okanagan
- Okanagan University College
- Southern Medical Program – UBC Okanagan
- Okanagan College
- The University of British Columbia Fisheries Centre
- Liu Institute for Global Issues
Ski areas located in Kelowna
- Big White Ski Resort
- Red Mountain Resort
Stadiums located in this city
- Prospera Place
- Apple Bowl
- Elks Stadium
Wineries in this city
- Mission Hill Winery
- Quails' Gate Winery
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery
Citizenship and immigration
This city citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 8,320
|British Columbia:||24.2%|Female: 4,310
|Province:||25.3%|Aboriginal identity population Total: 6,120
|British Columbia:||4.8%|Male: 2,930
|British Columbia:||4.7%|Female: 3,185
This city Minority Population Characteristics
Kelowna marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 91,410
|British Columbia:||59.4%|Female: 45,725
|British Columbia:||56.4%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 62,085
|British Columbia:||42.1%|Male: 28,005
|British Columbia:||40.6%|Female: 34,080
Families and households characteristics
Language details for this city
Knowledge of official languages in Kelowna
First official language spoken in Kelowna
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
This city mobility details
Kelowna - Place of residence in 2005
This city - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Kelowna
Education attainment in this city
Airports Located in this city
- Kelowna (Alpine) Heliport (TC LID: CAB7)
- Kelowna (Wildcat Helicopters) Heliport (TC LID: CWC2)
- Kelowna International Airport (TC LID: CYLW)
Companies Located in this city
- Altek Power Corporation
- CAMMAC GROUP INC.
- Diamcor Mining Inc.
- FirstSmart Sensor Corp.
- Golden Raven Resources Ltd.
- Metalex Ventures Ltd.
- Paragon Pharmacies Limited (formerly Rinoa Enterprises Ltd.)
- QHR Technologies Inc.
- Savary Capital Corp.
- Sun-Rype Products Ltd.
- Wolf Capital Corp.
Federal Corporations inside this city
- One Click Voice Inc.
- 7035462 CANADA INC.
- ALTENE (CANADA) INC.
- Canada Strategic Financial Ltd.
- DAKSTJ Ventures LTD.
- GLOBAL VILLAGE BACKPACKERS (VANCOUVER) INC.
- KeyNote Productions Inc.
- NORTHERN AIR SUPPORT LTD.
- SNC-LAVALIN O&M SERVICES INC.
- Urban Distilleries Inc.
Hospitals inside this city
Radio stations inside this city
- CBTK-FM (88.9)
- CHSU-FM (99.9)
- CILK-FM (93.1)
- CJUI-FM (103.9)
- CKFR-AM (1150)
- CKKO-FM (96.3)
- CKLZ-FM (104.7)
- CKQQ-FM (103.1)
TV Stations Located in Kelowna
Universities inside this city
- University of British Columbia
Buildings located in Kelowna
- Rotary Centre for the Arts
- Kelowna Community Theatre
IUCN protected areas located in Kelowna
- Fintry Provincial Park and Protected Area
Companies in Kelowna
- Sun-Rype Products Ltd.
- Koingo Software
- Continental Newspapers Canada Ltd.
- Disney Canada Inc.
- Hyper Hippo Games
- All Cities
- British Columbia
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2015 Advameg, Inc.