Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:43 PM

227 posts, read 294,316 times

Advertisements

Tell us?? Tell us what language i used??? Your are full of _____ (go ahead and dock me a point). I didnt use any foul language. I just suggested that Miker do his job and monitor the people (trolls) with multiple identitys. I was reprimanded for giving one of the trolls a hard time, and when i called out the mod on it, he docked me a point.
I feel i have a lot to contribute to this forum. I feel i have contributed. If you dont agree, ban me, i could care less.
Ill be honest, i dont remember using any "language" that was offensive, so please remind me. If it was Ill apologize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
Hm... if you knew the kind of language Mr Sippi had used in the post in question (it's deleted now), I don't think you would be giving him positive reputation. Even more so, since you seem to be confusing reputation with infractions.

Insulting a moderator is treated exactly the same way insulting a regular member is. 1 point infraction for the first offence, 2 points for repeated violation. 2 points don't ban a poster - it's only a temporary (usually 5-10 days) limit to their posting priviledges. There is a long way to go before anyone gets banned from here but we do have some consistent posters sometimes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,559,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
Tell us?? Tell us what language i used??? Your are full of _____ (go ahead and dock me a point). I didnt use any foul language. I just suggested that Miker do his job and monitor the people (trolls) with multiple identitys. I was reprimanded for giving one of the trolls a hard time, and when i called out the mod on it, he docked me a point.
I feel i have a lot to contribute to this forum. I feel i have contributed. If you dont agree, ban me, i could care less.
Ill be honest, i dont remember using any "language" that was offensive, so please remind me. If it was Ill apologize.
Well you seem to have answered your own questions. You cannot call out or give a hard time to any member regardless of whether you think they are a troll or not. There are policies and procedures in place for those who abuse the forum- the person in question was dealt with in accordance to those policies and procedures. And as Markablue pointed out, insulting/calling out a MOD is equivalent to insulting any other member.

Members are not banned because they are not liked by the way, only when the abuse the system and don't follow the rules.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:26 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,460,613 times
Quote:
Sometimes I think some people have 2 names and log in under each and give themselves points. Really, some people have more points than posts (and are in the thousands.)
I've tried giving the same person repuation for two different posts without realizing that it was the same person, and I was told to spread reputation around first. So, even if they are giving themself reputation, it can't be that much. Plus, I'm sure the mods see IP addresses and would catch on eventually.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:47 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,281,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I've tried giving the same person repuation for two different posts without realizing that it was the same person, and I was told to spread reputation around first. So, even if they are giving themself reputation, it can't be that much. Plus, I'm sure the mods see IP addresses and would catch on eventually.
The reputation system is being checked on a weekly basis for the most time. We now have almost 80,000 registered users so it's bound to take time but those who abuse the system are being punished eventually.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:40 PM

1,399 posts, read 7,715,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post

Insulting a moderator is treated exactly the same way insulting a regular member is. 1 point infraction for the first offence, 2 points for repeated violation. 2 points don't ban a poster - it's only a temporary (usually 5-10 days) limit to their posting priviledges. There is a long way to go before anyone gets banned from here but we do have some consistent posters sometimes...
So what then when a moderator makes an unprovoked snide and sacastic remark to a common poster huh ??. Or can a moderator whose feeling extra grumpy that day just say what ever they want ?? Is that the policy ??

Gimme a break..

BTW Mark...I'm speaking to you ..Not about you...I have another mod in mind...just to be clear

Last edited by JBrown; 04-18-2007 at 08:01 PM..

Old 04-19-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
So what then when a moderator makes an unprovoked snide and sacastic remark to a common poster huh ??. Or can a moderator whose feeling extra grumpy that day just say what ever they want ?? Is that the policy ??

Gimme a break..

BTW Mark...I'm speaking to you ..Not about you...I have another mod in mind...just to be clear
You can report such post, just as any other, by clicking this icon: next to the post in question. It will be reviewed by another moderator.

As I said, moderators here are also regular users. The have the same priviledges, though more responsibilities than others. And, believe it or not, they're also human beings...

BTW, if you consider the above remark snide or sarcastic, you can also report this post.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:31 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,566,632 times
Hey, most honorable moderator, Markaboo!!! I just checked my settings ans someone put SENIOR under my name. Now I want to know who told you people how old I am???

Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 AM

1,399 posts, read 7,715,461 times
: Hey thanks...it's as I assumed...took your suggestion

Old 04-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hey, most honorable moderator, Markaboo!!! I just checked my settings ans someone put SENIOR under my name. Now I want to know who told you people how old I am???
It's the system. You can't lie to the system, you know... Matrix has you!

A Senior Member title is automatically assigned to everyone who wrote over 100 posts here. Welcome to the club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum