Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
...snipped... Meanwhile, it's said that more than 19 children die each month in Russia's orphanages and institutions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
...snipped...
In Russia's case there is more than just the 19 - there are the disruptions, the ranch in Montana etc but that isn't the subject of the thread....snipped...
Quote:
MirrenC;27795516...
Quote:
Americans do not have control over the orphanages in Russia and Ukraine. We do have control over adoption practices here.

The discussion we are having is about changing adoption practices, and in particular, screening potential adoptive parents; you are interjecting wanting to change the standard of care in orphanages. That is a different discussion: hence the apples and oranges....snipped...
I thought Artful Dodger was responding to what CraigCreek said in his post. Artful Dodger then said it was a subject for another thread, re care and orphanages.......?

Did I miss something here ?

I appreciate all the contributions to this thread and it is very enlightening though very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 AM

393 posts, read 599,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I thought Artful Dodger was responding to what CraigCreek said in his post. Artful Dodger then said it was a subject for another thread, re care and orphanages.......?

Did I miss something here ?

I appreciate all the contributions to this thread and it is very enlightening though very sad.
Annie A,

I was simply pointing out that there was more to the concern than abuse and/or murder - but that they didn't fit under the thread. Disruptions and/or Dissolutions (people call different meanings for the terms but officially Dissolution is after the adoption is final) and RTC (Ranch for Kids is an RTC) are also concerns. Dissolutions aren't tracked unless the child is surrendered to the state and it appears more often that rehoming occurs through private email lists, etc - Russia wants to be informed when they happen. The Ranch for Kids is in Montana (?) and Russia is aware of it and not happy about it - and how many of the children are originally from Russian adoptions.

That's the long and short of it...something that isn't talked about much in adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption