Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 PM

7 posts, read 42,187 times

Advertisements

I live here in charlotte nc, and am originally from NJ. Why is it time and time again when i run into a woman that came here from a country in Africa, she always has a dirty attitude towards me? And why is it that every african male that ive ever met has always told me that he was rich and building a mansion back in " his country"? if thats the case, why are they here in the usa instead of back in their country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
I actually can't understand the question without seeing many and diverse pictures of you first before going out for a night of dinner and dancing.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstiffany View Post
I live here in charlotte nc, and am originally from NJ. Why is it time and time again when i run into a woman that came here from a country in Africa, she always has a dirty attitude towards me? And why is it that every african male that ive ever met has always told me that he was rich and building a mansion back in " his country"? if thats the case, why are they here in the usa instead of back in their country?
Do you have an issue with personal hygiene?

Old 12-09-2012, 03:22 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
From what I see,it works both ways.
As a matter of fact,since you are in the south,I have had more dirty looks from black women in the south,and I'm from Jersey. This happened when I was down there. I find southern women to be very snobbish and judgemental.. it seems if you have natural hair,they hate it.. ughh.

I find Africans in Nj to be very friendly.
But it all depends their country of origin. In general,Ghanians are the nicest,followed by other West Africans. The least nice women in Africa imo are Kenyans.

Btw,I have seen more hateful interactions between Caribbean black women and African women more than African women and AA women.
Now if you would have said Jamaican women..whew,they are VERY full of it.

Ok,to answer your question,is it in work related siuations?

Old 12-09-2012, 03:30 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
From what I see,it works both ways.
As a matter of fact,since you are in the south,I have had more dirty looks from black women in the south,and I'm from Jersey. This happened when I was down there. I find southern women to be very snobbish and judgemental.. it seems if you have natural hair,they hate it.. ughh.

I find Africans in Nj to be very friendly.
But it all depends their country of origin. In general,Ghanians are the nicest,followed by other West Africans. The least nice women in Africa imo are Kenyans.

Btw,I have seen more hateful interactions between Caribbean black women and African women more than African women and AA women.
Now if you would have said Jamaican women..whew,they are VERY full of it.

Ok,to answer your question,is it in work related siuations?
Interesting. What type of situations were these? Is there an issue which causes this conflict more than others?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,375 times
Quote:
Women sometimes hate on other pretty woman. It really could be that simple. I have had women come up to me and say how much they hated that I was small and petite. Their problem, not mine. As far as the men, some African men are from wealthy families in their home countries. The stereotype of the poor immigrant escaping a war torn country is often just a stereotype. Many African men and women come to the U.S. to go to college, and work.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
And why is it that every african male that ive ever met has always told me that he was rich and building a mansion back in " his country"? if thats the case, why are they here in the usa instead of back in their country?
I think that's a fairly common (and true) statement of anyone from a third-world country who lives in the U.S. Earning dollar, goes a very long ways in other places.

Work hard and save in the U.S. for a little while, and live like an absolute King back in your home country.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Interesting. What type of situations were these? Is there an issue which causes this conflict more than others?
Not sure. It could be rivalry. I saw this at the job,and in school.
It was usually(but not always) the Caribbean women who started first.
This was in Nyc btw. But I hear its really bad in the UK.
I heard the problem in the UK stems from the Africans coming over there and being more successful than the Carribeans,some of whom have been there for decades while the Africans are recent immigrants.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
I get alone fine with African women, generally speaking. Some of my good friends are from West Africa, specifically Nigeria. The East African women I've been around were generally friendly/cordial as well. I'm of Caribbean descent. I haven't really seen major issues between Caribbean and African women either. Those who are immigrants and children of immigrants tend to get alone or have some level of respect for each other. Perhaps it's because I grew up in the DC Metro area.

A number of African men who come here are doing quite well back home. Plenty come here to have a better life, yes. However, many are already highly educated back home and want to make themselves even more competitive. Thus, why African immigrants are the most educated immigrants in the U.S., particularly Nigerians.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 PM

7 posts, read 42,187 times
thanks for your responce...ironically im from nj too! Actually mount olive to be exact, in morris county. Ive just moved down here in the past two years to charlotte nc. i just dont understand all the hate before even speaking to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa