Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

There are a few white man religions that are successful in converting the africans to their religions. African Americans have totally absorbed white mans religion and worship blond blue eyed Jesus. Why have Africans never invented their OWN religions in the way that all other races have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
There are a few white man religions that are successful in converting the africans to their religions. African Americans have totally absorbed white mans religion and worship blond blue eyed Jesus. Why have Africans never invented their OWN religions in the way that all other races have?
You should have spent the last 2 minutes using google with the keywords 'African Religions'. There could be libraries and cities built on that topic.

There are just so many things wrong with your post. For one, I believe Islam is more prevalent. I mean, if you're going with the argument that 'Africa has no religions beyond a blue eyed Jesus' argument, which is already wrong.

The unfortunate thing about this thread, is there will be someone who will spend half of their next few days trying to educate someone who has never googled or researched the topic. But, my guess is the OP isn't really asking this with the intention of learning or educating themselves. It seems the OP's intention is more to create havoc, and come back to make other uninformed statements later.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
Quote:
Could you clarify more? You seem to be mixing the religious situation of continental Africans with black-American's religious situation.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Could you clarify more? You seem to be mixing the religious situation of continental Africans with black-American's religious situation.
We never hear of African religions among Africans. They seem to be accepting the white man's religions like Catholicism and mormonism in fair numbers. African Americans completely sold out to the white man and started worshiping blue eyed jesus and have not reverted to their old African religions if they had one to begin with.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:23 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Post #1 are you upset with the posts on in the Angola and Botswana threads that depict Africa as civilized and on par with Europe?

A ask because I'm half German-American and half black. My Germanic side only got its language and civility from Christianity. As the pagan Romans noted of them much prior to that, the Germanic tribes were barbarians. So, they were civilized from a non-European religion. A kingdom in what is now Ethiopia in faact made Christianity the state religion before Rome ever did. At least 3 kingdoms did before Rome.

Not what you're taught in indoctrination, I know. But then you knew that.

I see no reasons Africans can not be peaceful with each other and work together irrespective of their religions, but I'm sure the enemies of Africa would hate to see that.

Divide and conquer is the name of the game.

I am happy China is doing development in Africa rather than the United States NSA.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I agree with this. It seems the OP is mixing Black-America and Africa...and assuming they are the same thing. Two very different places.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:30 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
We never hear of African religions among Africans. They seem to be accepting the white man's religions like Catholicism and mormonism in fair numbers. African Americans completely sold out to the white man and started worshiping blue eyed jesus and have not reverted to their old African religions if they had one to begin with.
Divide and conquer right?

I'm sure African Catholics, Muslims, and those in other religions within Africa can work together to build Africa up as those of different religions did to build the USofA up.

I suspect you do not have good intentions towards Africa though.

And North and East Africa have a long Christian history going back to ancient times. You can google St. Moses the Black, Desert Fathers, history of Christmas--which began in Egypt, Christian Nubia, and even where St. Augustine was from (North Africa).

But other religions exist in Africa beside Christianity and Islam. But then you knew that.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
To be fair, Christianity and Islam did not originate out of Europe.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:42 AM

362 posts, read 794,299 times
To be fair Jesus and Muhammad were both black, and Jesus and his family use to live in Africa when Herod was killing the babies. Jesus never lived in Europe, so if anything the real question is why don't Europeans have their own religion?

Ultimately these are African religions.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
Jesus never lived in Europe, so if anything the real question is why don't Europeans have their own religion?
Good point. Most of the European religions that did exist, now seemingly gone. I can only think of the Greeks, and some of the Celtic Druids and such.

I'd definitely argue that Africa appears much more spiritual and religious in the past and the present.

Good point about Jesus as well. He's solidly Jewish/Middle Eastern. That's a bit closer to Africa than Europe, geographically, and even culturally, considering that the Middle East shares much more culturally with North Africa, than Europe.

Jesus was basically 'europeanized' with the blue eyes and such. To be fair, I've also seen plenty of African Jesus where he was Africanized, in the Sub-Saharran part. I've also seen Korean Jesus' in Korean Catholic stores, so I don't think any one part of the world 'owns' Jesus' look.

Which is yet another way that shows the OP is being WAY WAY WAY too America-centric in their viewpoints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa