Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,595,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Firstly, the death penalty is debatable topic in America. Many of our states have outlawed it.

Secondly, people who are given the death penalty are guilty of murder. The human rights of murderers is a completely different matter than the human rights of gay people. If you can't see that then it is you who is lost. Uganda wishes to suppress the human rights of gay people who have done no wrong to others. What people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is no one else's business!
You're wrong on that,it's not debatable anymore,in the eyes of the federal government it is not illegal,since many states have implementing death sentences for years,so it's joke from yout part.

You're the first one who do not respect human rights,any persone's life is not the property of the state or the federal government,it's God property,so even if the person was found guilty (though thousands were found not guilty after DNA test & many have been wrongly killed before DNA existed) nobody should be sentenced to death.
If it is a sovereign country,you can't tell them what to do,we do not represent human rights.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:36 PM

More info :

Congo-Kinshasa: DRC Looks to Follow in Uganda's Footsteps With Anti-Gay Bil

allAfrica.com: Congo-Kinshasa: DRC Looks to Follow in Uganda's Footsteps With Anti-Gay Bill (Page 2 of 2)

Old 03-22-2014, 06:38 AM

867 posts, read 1,398,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is you who has no clue what you are saying. Do you just create your own history, and revise it the way you want it? The answer is obviously yes. And while you're at it, deciding to rewrite the bible...

The bible numerous reference to race, this is one

Book of Genesis: Concerns Noah's drunkenness and the accompanying shameful act committed by his son Ham, the father of Canaan. Having seen his father naked caused punishment, with God striking down burning his son black. The story's original objective was to justify the subjection of the Canaanites to the Israelites, but in later centuries, the narrative was interpreted by some Jews, Christians and Muslims as a curse of, and an explanation for black skin. Other references, with Shem and Japheth covering their father with a cloak while averting their eyes, suggest that the words are taken literally.

It has been pointed out that in 1st millennium Babylonia, looking at another person's genitals was indeed regarded as a serious matter. Other ancient commentators suggested that Ham was guilty of more than what the Bible says, an Aramaic translation of the Bible dating from the first few centuries AD and several other sources had Ham gossiping about his father's drunken disgrace "in the street" (a reading which has a basis in the original Hebrew), so that being held up to public mockery was what had angered Noah; as the Cave of the Centuries (4th century) puts it, "Ham laughed at his father's shame and did not cover it, but laughed aloud and mocked.

There were actually two competing camps within Christianity regarding how to justify slavery. It was in fact one of the great religious debates of the 18th century. The two groups were called the "Polygenists" and the "Monogenists"

The Monogenists ("one origin") claimed that blacks were being enslaved as a punishment by God resulting from the "Curse of Ham" (more correctly, the "Curse of Canaan") in Genesis 9. Monogenist Christians considered blacks to be of the race of "Ham" or "Hamites," and blamed the curse for the color of their skin and their subservient position to whites.

The Polygenists ("many origin") took a harder line and insisted that blacks were not even human beings, but instead a different species of animal... specifically beasts of the fields as created on the 6th day of Creation Week.

Neither group doubted black inferiority or the morality of slavery. They just had different Biblical rationale for the belief.

Admonition to those who were slaves - Col. 3:22; Col. 4:1; I Tim. 6:1; Titus 2:9; I Peter 2:18, and then, of course, the Book of Philemon is written by Paul to Philemon addressing his runaway slave, Onesimus.
Yes, yes, that's it keep digging yourself deeper. LMAO. You and people like yous ignorance is so grand that it is for someone like me to leave you in your darkness. I will say that I did not "revise" anything and haven't even said much but what you are doing is VERY asinine just like whitefolks (genists?) trying to absolve themselves from partaking in slavery because of some biblical reference. I do not seek to ENLIGHTEN you any further than this:

1. Those folks you are referencing and you yourself DONT know where "whitefolks" come from.

2. If you knew who so-called KHAMs (Ham) descendants REALLY were then you would know that several of them had written languages. And usually what happens when people like YOU realize you've put your foot in your mouth you usually try to change your outlook about so-called Ham claim and them as white.

3.YOUR ego to "think you know" what you are talking about is what hinders you from fully KNOWING what you are talking about to the degree of understanding.

That is all... as I do not seek to help you understand or anything else. You can stay ignorant for all I care just don't try to force your ignorance on other people. And check your emotions, they are out of order.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Let me make it easy for you,the african society rejects homosexuality behavior,with or without bible,africans needs children to work the their land,homosexuals can't have kids,that's good enough reason for them.
The bible talks about homosexuals too ?
BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Let me make it easy for you,the african society rejects homosexuality behavior,with or without bible,africans needs children to work the their land,homosexuals can't have kids,that's good enough reason for them.
Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
...there ya go maybe thatll help ya.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,707 times
Quote:
So criminalizing homosexual behavior is a way of promoting more children? Imagine if such actions were condoned in modern "white" societies, such as in Europe, there would be outcry, as there is in Russia. Why is it we set the standards lower for African countries? Homosexuals are no threat to the viable heterosexual population of Africa. People do not learn a sexual orientation, it is innate.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
So criminalizing homosexual behavior is a way of promoting more children? Imagine if such actions were condoned in modern "white" societies, such as in Europe, there would be outcry, as there is in Russia. Why is it we set the standards lower for African countries? Homosexuals are no threat to the viable heterosexual population of Africa. People do not learn a sexual orientation, it is innate.
You are twisting what i said:

My main point is : we only see human rights violation when it is in our interest.
Do we not have human rights violation in our own country ?
why do we bully small countries like uganda because of that so-called human rights violation ?
Who are we,to impose our ideas on others ?
Homosexuality is a crime in Russia.China,Saudia Arabia,why can't we intervene or embargo these 3 countries for human rights violation ?
Each country is independent and sovereign,each country has its own institutions to make laws,even if we disagree with certain laws.
It's up to each country to criminalize or not homosexuality.
Yes to many africans,the traditional society needs kids to work the land,to marry their girls,to inherit land properties,so it is not in their interest to have anything else.
What you call european "modern" "white" society is not what africans are dreaming of,africans have their own society,they don't need to copy something else.
Africans feel that homosexual may destroy their tradtional family structure.
Sorry,everybody has a different interpretation of what is innate or what is not
Just like every country has a specific interpretation of human rights.
Jules Ferry thought that colonizing Algeria was good for the algerian people themselves,because France was a "civilized" society and algerians were not.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:51 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,959,347 times
Quote:
It is also true,the other way around,Catholics think protestantism is not a r true christian religion ?
What do you have to say to that ?
The orthodox Church of Orient is for most christians the oldest Christian religion and that everything else is a joke.
Maybe, but I don't see how this promotes your argument. The church leaders in the article have clearly chosen the Western version of Christianity over the African version.

Last edited by xeric; 03-22-2014 at 12:03 PM..

Old 03-22-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Maybe, but I don't see how this promotes your argument. The church leaders in the article have clearly chosen the Western version of Christianity over the African version.
Sorry,i don't think you followed the thread,we already talked about this aspect which is not relevant at all,since christianity is nobody's property therefore african countries have no moral or religious debt towards the west.
Christianity was in Africa before Europe even existed as an entity.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,959,347 times
Quote:
Sorry,i don't think you followed the thread,we already talked about this aspect which is not relevant at all,since christianity is nobody's property therefore african countries have no moral or religious debt towards the west.
Christianity was in Africa before Europe even existed as an entity.
Sigh. You continue to ignore the obvious irony of Africans who owe their religious beliefs to colonialism and neo-colonialism complaining about colonialism in respect to gay rights issues. I can only assume that you are being deliberately obtuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa