Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:03 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times

Advertisements

You've already shown a strong Eurocentric mentality. It would be a waste of time for me to try to educate you. You aren't going to accept any information that conflicts with your Eurocentric views. You have Google at your fingertips. Use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 10:06 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You've already shown a strong Eurocentric mentality. It would be a waste of time for me to try to educate you. You aren't going to accept any information that conflicts with your Eurocentric views. You have Google at your fingertips. Use it.
You made a wise choice to concede.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Whatever makes you feel better. You're not 100% confident I'm wrong, which is why you keep asking me to prove things. If you thought I was completely nuts you wouldn't even be reading my posts let alone asking me questions.

You've been lied to. Everyone knows if you tell a lie long enough people will take it as true. Get rid of a people's elders, annihilate their culture, replace it with a fraud and then teach it to the youth (who have no elders to tell them differently)? Gold. See: American history.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:30 PM

295 posts, read 245,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite View Post
Egyptians are not and were never black either.

What do you mean by "black"? If you mean skin color, then I agree since the artwork left behind depicts ancient Egyptians with reddish-brown skin.

The modern group of humans who look most like ancient Egyptians are found near the horn of Africa region (Ethiopia/Somalia/Eritrea). They closely resemble the people depicted in ancient Egyptian artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Funny because I don't think majority of African American's don't claim Egypt or even care about Egypt.
Yep, most that I know don't show interest in Egypt. Egypt is mainly "claimed" by European researchers, archaeologists, etc. They seem to show more interest in ancient Egypt than any other group, including the native Egyptians who actually live in Egypt.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:37 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Quote:
Says someone who appears ignorant of the West African empires that run circles around Egpyt. Egpyt is revered by people who love what the Europeans tells them is great. Egypt is Europe's crowning glory because it's where their civilization began - not ours.

Meh. Tell it to the crowd who disdains these glorious empires for a place 5000 km away.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Meh. Tell it to the crowd who disdains these glorious empires for a place 5000 km away.
What "crowd" are you talking about?

Old 12-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
What "crowd" are you talking about?
A noticeable segment of African-Americans. Who else? That is the subject of the thread.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 AM

You're projecting. Most black people don't give a damn about Egypt. You're showing your ignorance and just making things up based on your biases. As was said by two people before me, blacks who make any mention of Egypt usually do so in relation to Kemet. You all should really start socialing with black people instead of learning about them through media platforms. Expand your life.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
You're projecting. Most black people don't give a damn about Egypt. You're showing your ignorance and just making things up based on your biases. As was said by two people before me, blacks who make any mention of Egypt usually do so in relation to Kemet. You all should really start socialing with black people instead of learning about them through media platforms. Expand your life.
Calm down.

Of course it is not a majority of black people. Good grief, nobody thinks that. None the less, there is a minority that does indeed buy into all of this.

Ignorance? I grew up in a majority African-American city. I have been hearing and viewing this belief all my life.

You should save your rage and energy to lecture those who seem to think they descend from Cleopatra.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ignorance? I grew up in a majority African-American city.
What does this prove other than you lived in a place that has more black people than white? A white person has the privilege of never having to interact with anyone non-white if they choose. There are white people in Atlanta. How many of them live in black neighborhoods?

You all's logic is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa