Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 07:43 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
From the Alabama Health Department website:

Alabama has had COVID-19 vaccine in our state since December 14, 2020. As of January 4, there have been 42,810 vaccine doses administered out of our initial allocation of 226,250 doses.

Alabama is in Phase 1a, consisting of 300,000 healthcare workers.

Some counties have been able to intermittently vaccinate persons age 75 years and older once the uptake of vaccine for Phase 1a has been satisfied for a daily clinic. ADPH will continue to work with community partners to vaccinate persons in Phase 1a and, as supply allows, persons 75 years and above.

Once persons in Phase 1a have been administered or offered the vaccine, Alabama will move into Phase 1b. ADPH does not have a timeline on this as ability to move to the next Phase is dependent on vaccine supply.

When Alabama moves to Phase 1b, ADPH will send notices to doctors, pharmacies, urgent cares, rural health clinics, and other providers so they can advise their patients. ADPH will also provide information through various outlets including social media, news releases, and other coverage. This notification will happen with subsequent phases as well.

So over the past three weeks of reported results they have vaccinated 19% of the people designated to get it early. This includes spanning what is typically a significant holiday time. The following provides a breakout of the designations/phases.
https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/...ation-plan.pdf
Reportedly we (state of Alabama) don't have enough vaccines for our healthcare providers (226,250 vice 300,000) let alone those categorized as high risk or those who believe they are special. So unless you are a healthcare provider it looks like you'll need to sit back and wait your turn. I looked for a listing of vaccination sites but was not successful.

The site goes on to state:
The vaccine will be free to all Americans. ADPH has no specific timetable about when members of the general public can be vaccinated. As the supply of vaccine remains limited, ADPH continues to urge the public to practice the measures needed to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Alabama residents should continue to exercise caution by minimizing travel and avoiding gatherings of people beyond their immediate household.

Good luck. Stay safe.
Like members of Congress and likely some high level athletes? It's funny that many members of Congress and other officials swore up and down they wouldn't take the "Trump vaccine" (as if he were personally in a lab coat working away), but then they were the first in line.

As far as travel goes, I've not been outside the state, and even the Huntsville true metro (Madison, Limestone, Marshall, and Morgan Counties) since Christmas 2019.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 04:36 AM

2,706 posts, read 2,207,814 times
The only traveling we do is going to Pensacola to shop at Walmart. Where I live at it about the same distance to either go to Pensacola or Foley for shopping. The Walmart in Pensacola is less crowded and ran better than the one in Foley. We both wear our masks and wash our hands during these trips.

But we are RV'rs and I want to hit the road again and we won't do this until we get our shots. I am 69 and my wife turns 65 in July. At the rate of the vaccine shots being given it may be fall before we travel again in the RV.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:30 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
On the weekly Covid press conference in Huntsville today, the CEO of Crestwood Hospital addressed that issue (according to my wife; I did not see the meeting today). She said that beause of possible side effects, they only give the shot to 10% of the front line health care workers at a time. So if there are 20 nurses, for instance, only 2 of them could be vaccinated in each round. So it'll take 10 rounds (and not sure what the time is between rounds [my term]), which could take a while, and is.

I'd sure like to see the speed things up. I'm 73, so don't meet the 75 criterion, but I do have some other health issues (heart, for example), but I have no idea when I'll be in line for the injection. In the meantime, I continue to be super careful.
Then they ought to open it up, other states seem to be progressing right along. Actually it just sounds like some excuse for incompetence to me! Even California which some in Alabama look down their noses at seem to progressing right along. My younger brother got his yesterday.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:01 PM

ADPH announced earlier today how to get the vaccine shots and this is what happened. Each county needs to have it's own hotline not one for the entire state.

https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/...021/01/08.html

https://www.wkrg.com/alabama-news/ad...n-busy-signal/

https://www.wkrg.com/alabama-news/ad...-appointments/

Old 01-08-2021, 04:11 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Then they ought to open it up, other states seem to be progressing right along. Actually it just sounds like some excuse for incompetence to me! Even California which some in Alabama look down their noses at seem to progressing right along. My younger brother got his yesterday.
Agree. Maybe they'll get things deciphered and things will speed up soon. Even Mississippi is doing better.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:15 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Wondering the same thing! I have heard only a fraction of the front line health workers have received theirs. !
Many frontline workers are refusing the vaccine. They don't WANT it.

"US health care workers are first in line to receive the COVID-19 vaccine — but an alarming number across the country are refusing to do so. "

- New York Post

Old 01-09-2021, 06:53 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post

"US health care workers are first in line to receive the COVID-19 vaccine — but an alarming number across the country are refusing to do so. "

- New York Post
Then the state needs to move the line along instead of just sitting on the vaccine. This doesn't explain why Alabama is doing so poorly in administering, is there any state or territory doing worse as I know PR is doing much better!

Old 01-09-2021, 07:00 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Quote:

- New York Post

I know some that refused it. First, they are in health care and are a little uneasy about taking a vaccine that has been rushed through. Secondly, they are on the front lines and have seen how an extremely small percentage of people actually get severely ill from Covid 19. Most are sick for a few days and then go on about their lives. Health care workers aren't afraid of getting it. Another thing most of them say is many of their coworkers that have received the vaccine got just as sick or almost as sick for a few days just like people that actually caught Covid 19. Finally, many of the front line health care workers have already had Covid 19, have immunity better than the vaccine provides and so there is no reason for them to receive the vaccine. That does is better off going to someone who actually needs it.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:55 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:

- New York Post
Yeah most of my coworkers have said they don't want it. I do though, so they need to bring it on and quit delaying.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:10 AM

The people that do not want the vaccine need to get out of the way then for the people that want it. I am wanting to travel the country in my RV, but I won't until I get my shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama