Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 04:59 PM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times

Advertisements

Video - WSFA 12 News Montgomery, AL |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 PM

964 posts, read 3,159,564 times
...Now if they can do that for my hometown.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Yeah things are starting to look up for Montgomery.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,390,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
Yeah things are starting to look up for Montgomery.
Sure I don't believe this for any minute. I have to see it for myself. I'd like to see the numbers more in depth.. Depends on how they are tabulating crime stats.. if its the whole metro area then Bham and Montgomery are going to be lower as far as the national rankings because both cities have some really nice suburbs. If its just city limits crime is going to be very high in Birmingham city limits. Nothing in my mind makes me believe Montgomery is the safest metro area in Alabama I'd just have to see it for myself news stations are known to not tell the full story to its entirety.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
Sure I don't believe this for any minute. I have to see it for myself. I'd like to see the numbers more in depth.. Depends on how they are tabulating crime stats.. if its the whole metro area then Bham and Montgomery are going to be lower as far as the national rankings because both cities have some really nice suburbs. If its just city limits crime is going to be very high in Birmingham city limits. Nothing in my mind makes me believe Montgomery is the safest metro area in Alabama I'd just have to see it for myself news stations are known to not tell the full story to its entirety.
Shhhh be quiet Huntsville_Secede it's all about perception. They are trying to get the westside on board you probably won't recognize it in 5years.
It's amazing what Hyundai can do.

Last edited by mimpdaddy; 09-16-2009 at 10:45 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 13,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
Having moved from Montgomery to Huntsville last year (and my family still remaining in Prattville so I visit often), this story is a huge load of B.S. Crime has always been bad there, and unemployment has skyrocketed in the area. I wonder if they're going off of convictions instead of reported crime, as the undermanned police department doesn't like patrolling the Southern Blvd. area (and with good reason).

Here's the City Data page for Montgomery (see the crime statistics further down):
http://www.city-data.com/city/Montgomery-Alabama.html

In Montgomery, having your car broken into is just a normal everyday thing. That and the 10% sales tax rate is why everyone has moved to Prattville or Pike Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama