Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times

Advertisements

Ray, you've been drinking too much tea.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Ray, you've been drinking too much tea.
Hello Warpt I just had my nightly cup of wine, and look what I just found (something Lisa-bots don't want to talk about):
Murkowski's 'Alaska Mafia' and the public dole | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Murkowski_s-_Alaska-Mafia_-and-the-public-dole-1132046-104443073.html - broken link)

I know, I know...Miller's personal stuff is more important than the news on the link above

Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,654,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Hello Warpt I just had my nightly cup of wine, and look what I just found (something Lisa-bots don't want to talk about):
Murkowski's 'Alaska Mafia' and the public dole | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Murkowski_s-_Alaska-Mafia_-and-the-public-dole-1132046-104443073.html - broken link)

I know, I know...Miller's personal stuff is more important than the news on the link above
So you are complaining that Lisa Murkowski has shown herself to be a very effective US Senator! That is exactly why we should vote for her instead of a nice guy from Sitka with no experience or a total loony tune from Kansas.

Or did you fail to realize what the significance of your cited article is????

Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
So you are complaining that Lisa Murkowski has shown herself to be a very effective US Senator! That is exactly why we should vote for her instead of a nice guy from Sitka with no experience or a total loony tune from Kansas.

Or did you fail to realize what the significance of your cited article is????
Yes, she is. I agree with you. And so where some of the AK Republicans who got in trouble not too long ago. They all accepted favors form the same companies. However, that (corruption) seems not to be a problem at the moment. We should vote for the guy from Sitka, because "he is a nice guy." We can all vote on "perceptions"

On the serious side, Lisa is nothing more than an example of the Republican and Democrat corruption in WA, something voters should get rid of by kicking them out of office. Nobody is interested on the personal life of the guy from Sitka, but as anybody these days I bet that there are skeletons in his closet just the same.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, she is. I agree with you. And so where some of the AK Republicans who got in trouble not too long ago. They all accepted favors form the same companies. However, that (corruption) seems not to be a problem at the moment. We should vote for the guy from Sitka.

On the serious side, Lisa is nothing more than an example of the Republican and Democrat corruption in WA voters should get rid of.
You seem to be very confused about just who accepted bribes and who did not.

I don't recall even one of the Legislators that were proven to have accepted bribes that I would have called an effective Legislator. They belonged in jail.

I have never seen a thing indicating Lisa Murkowski is corrupt. And your guilt by association accusations are typical of the illogical things you post on just about any topic.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
You seem to be very confused about just who accepted bribes and who did not.

I don't recall even one of the Legislators that were proven to have accepted bribes that I would have called an effective Legislator. They belonged in jail.

I have never seen a thing indicating Lisa Murkowski is corrupt. And your guilt by association accusations are typical of the illogical things you post on just about any topic.
Well, Stevens was an excellent Senator, and he still got in trouble.
I am not talking about who took the bribes, but about the companies who "offered" them. These are the same. Look it up (back to 1996). Lisa is just sleeker than the ones who got in trouble, much like Sleek Willy and his wife. The smart ones don't get caught, that's all.

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-12-2010 at 11:40 PM..

Old 10-12-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Well, Stevens was an excellent Senator, and he still got in trouble.
Perhaps you missed the news... Ted Stevens was exhonerated, it turns out the criminal activity was committed by those who went after him (the Bush administration).

Quote:
I am not talking about who took the bribes, but about the companies who "offered" them. These are the same. Look it up (back to 1996). Lisa is just sleeker than the ones who got in trouble, much like Sleek Willy and his wife. The smart ones don't get caught, that's all.
Yeah, those "sleeker" ones! How dastardly of them not to accept bribes so that Ray could honestly call them corrupt! Lets just remember that only one Democrat was, as far as we can tell, offered a bribe. That was Donny Olson, who went straight to the FBI. We might note that nobody has suggested that anyone was dumb enough to even offer Lisa Murkowski a bribe.

You realize that by your logic we should all demand that you be jailed for bribery. You may well deny it, but from the perspective of many you have openly supported bribers, bribe takers, and other miscreants. By your logic that makes you one of "them". Off to the hoosegow with you!

The best suggestion would be that you start being honest about Lisa Murkowski and stop claiming she is corrupt just because the people you have supported in the past are indeed corrupt.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you missed the news... Ted Stevens was exhonerated, it turns out the criminal activity was committed by those who went after him (the Bush administration).

Yeah, those "sleeker" ones! How dastardly of them not to accept bribes so that Ray could honestly call them corrupt! Lets just remember that only one Democrat was, as far as we can tell, offered a bribe. That was Donny Olson, who went straight to the FBI. We might note that nobody has suggested that anyone was dumb enough to even offer Lisa Murkowski a bribe.

You realize that by your logic we should all demand that you be jailed for bribery. You may well deny it, but from the perspective of many you have openly supported bribers, bribe takers, and other miscreants. By your logic that makes you one of "them". Off to the hoosegow with you!

The best suggestion would be that you start being honest about Lisa Murkowski and stop claiming she is corrupt just because the people you have supported in the past are indeed corrupt.
And so Don Young, after spending millions on lawyers.
Yeah... Whatrever you say...blah, blah, blah, and VECO (back to 1996). Lisa has been accepting donations form the same people for years now (look it up). As I said before, the sleek ones don't get caught. They just walk real close thew the boundaries of the law. The longer any politician stays in office, the more corrupt he or she becomes. That's the way it has and will always be, unless term limits is implemented, or voters just vote them out of office.

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-13-2010 at 12:14 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Yeah... Whatrever you say...blah, blah, blah, and VECO (back to 1996). Lisa has been accepting donations form the same people for years now (look it up). As I said before, the sleek ones don't get caught. They just walk real close thew the boundaries of the law. The longer any politician stays in office, the more corrupt he or she becomes. That's the way it has and will always be, unless term limits is implemented, or voters just vote them out of office.
Ray, you are contradicting yourself! Walking close the the edge of the law is legal. That is not corrupt. It's what they are supposed to do.

You claim that they are all corrupt, and the longer they are in office the more corrupt... but then it turns out you've got your own private definition of "corrupt", and it appears to be that they don't do Ray enough good!

Term limits would not be good for any Alaskan. And there are very good reasons that voter continue to re-elect effective people.

You seem to be bent on the same thing Joe Miller is! Cut our throats in the name of some stupid ideological concept that you can't understand!

That's about as dumb as it is possible to be.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Quote:
Ray, you keep deflecting and changing the argument. You obviously don't like Lisa Murkowski - we get that. However this thread is about the shortcomings of Joe Miller. Just because you don't like candidate X, that is not a valid reason to support candidate Y, even in a two way race. That is how we keep ending up with losers in office. Until you can provide some real, positive, concrete reason to support Miller (based on more than just what he says), then your are wasting your time. You are only demonstrating that your support for Miller is no more rational that your dislike of Lisa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska