Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 06:08 PM

115 posts, read 615,753 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone - This is the second time I am trying to create this new post the first one went to who knows where when I tried spell check. So I hope the errors are few. I am curious where I can find a list or link to land/property that has been foreclosed or abandoned. I am mostly interested in vacant land. I know a lot of the smaller towns have property where people have just up and left. So how does one find out what is available for sale. I would require either road or water access. Water like the Yukon and any of the towns along the Yukon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM

15 posts, read 63,645 times
Default Go to this website they have homes cheap in the Yukon

Home Listings - Cheap Homes For Sale

Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earls View Post
Hello everyone - This is the second time I am trying to create this new post the first one went to who knows where when I tried spell check. So I hope the errors are few. I am curious where I can find a list or link to land/property that has been foreclosed or abandoned. I am mostly interested in vacant land. I know a lot of the smaller towns have property where people have just up and left. So how does one find out what is available for sale. I would require either road or water access. Water like the Yukon and any of the towns along the Yukon.
You should be able to find foreclosed houses right in Fairbanks and North Pole, and a lot more within a few months as the economy and housing marked goes sour. We are a few months behind the lower-48, and it's coming.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,564,539 times
Quote:

If you go to Google and type in "Alaska Banks", it will give you a list of all the banks in Alaska.

From there you email/call them and ask for a list of homes that are being foreclosed and they may or may not give you a list of what they have pending legal actions. You can also watch the court and legal notices in the major Alaska Newspapers, they will have a listing of houses that are coming up for auction for payment of what is owed or can be gotten.

As far as someone just walking away from land, if they don't owe anything, it may be up for back taxes, and in that case you may want to talk to the different Borough's and see what they have.

Otherwise, you can just run an ad under Real Estate listings in the papers stating that you want to assume on a house that someone is getting ready to be foreclosed on. You may find some pretty good deals that way.

Good luck

Old 01-24-2009, 12:53 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,271 times
Type in Alaska REO in google, lot of bank sites in the search results.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 8,233 times
Default Foreclosures by FNSB

Even though it's two years late but if this forum came up in response to my Google search that means people are still interested in such information.

In addition to banks and local firms that foreclose properties there is FNSB that also has foreclosure sales every year.

http://co.fairbanks.ak.us/landmanagement/Foreclosure/2010/default.htm - FNSB | Land Management

2008 TAX FORECLOSURE
The annual Tax Foreclosure Sale for the tax year 2008 and prior will be held on Saturday, August 13, 2011 in the Assembly Chambers of the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Administrative Office, located at 809 Pioneer Road, Fairbanks, Alaska.

On June 13, 2011 we encourage you to visit this webpage to view the 2008 Tax-Foreclosed Property Sale / Outcry Auction list of properties. Parcel specific information, available only in our office, will be available for viewing on June 13, 2011 as well.

For general information regarding the tax foreclosure property sale process and procedures you may click on the TAX FACTS link below, visit the Land Management Department located at the FNSB Administrative Office, 809 Pioneer Rd., 2nd Floor, Fairbanks, Alaska or call (907) 459-1241. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Foreclosed land and homes you will find, but not just "abandoned" ones. The banks usually own those. The foreclosure lists are published every year, and the one for the Fairbanks North Star Borough was published last week. It's huge, too, published in newsprint (like a small newspaper), with around 27 pages. If you get in tough with the "News Miner" in Fairbanks, they should mail you one of the printouts. It should cost a few cents for the newspaper, and perhaps $6.00 for S&H via USPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska