Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:21 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
No, hardly never does the partner follow, or come along. Name some jobs that someone is away for a week, or more, and their partner is allowed to go with.

The only thing that erodes "the social fabric of our nation", as you say it, is people like you that want, want, want, I deserve, I deserve, I deserve.

You're just to young to understand what life really is, you'll find out, in time.
No I wont, because I navagate around the BS. Without a sense of entitlement no one would invent, fight wars for their interests, start buisness, etc.

The issue is with people that THINK they are entitled, just because there are thoes that THINK they are entitled and really are not does not mean that there are not thoes of out there that actually ARE entitled and when push comes to shove we will take life to maintain what we have worked for and stand for in an organized legal manner, even if it means that I have to expat to a nation that supports the views that I support and have the means to execute on the enforcement of their will.

Much in the same way there were many who left the USA to fight for germany, unfortunatly hitler was crazy, but there reasons for fighting, building industry and executing select bankers was sound (the problem was they went beyond cherry picking the problem individuals and started death camps, they could have easily LEGALLY had many bankers executed for financial crimes and the german people would have had no idea). Dont worry the whinning will stop, just make sure your not one who is silenced by trying to convince people that they should tolerate being exploited and thats just life. The rich CEO's and bankers need to live it up becasue the party is going to eventually end when middle america keeps having to "sacrafice" so others can make a mint.

And no it is not uncommon for spouses to be able to travel unless the company is exploitive or they are military but again people know when the military cause is sound and when its a bogus ruse.

How is that for some reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 05:24 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
OMG..I sure hope this highlife2 is on someone radar for dangerous!

Old 12-02-2011, 05:40 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Highlife, you need a life outside...you are young as you have spoken about sowing your oats (we know the past history), you have no clue what these people are talking about...have you been on the slope? Have you been in the military? Right...life's experiences will take you far.

You other girls on here, you can go read crap posted anywhere on the net, when you are home alone your mind plays or can play on you with reading this....Mine was up there while we were in AK, I have no doubts with him, and certainly not me. Relax ladies it is no different than if they were working 8-4 or whatever, except they are probably more bent on sleep...enjoy the time home with your man/family

Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Granny...remember rppearso....that is highlife2! ahahaha..the one who pulled all kinds of crap to get out of the military an did....on all kinds of kinky *** sites whining about his first wife....another one about not paying child support an being an expat...sure wish he just bail! ph an he's not all that young...in his early 30's now....scary...
I remember well...I doubt he was even in the military....But him saying he wouldn't go to the slope because he can't get his fix so to speak ......is one thing, accusing every other person up there of the same is another...I doubt there are many up there his age, most companies wouldn't hire that type of psyche...

Old 12-02-2011, 06:16 PM

370 posts, read 882,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Very well said... I'm with you... if a man wants variety I say move on and stay away from me...LOL...
Hello,
Thank you Naturesdreams. I agree with Blueflames50 too.

Now, for me...to work on being more to the point and less wordy! I really want to "support" the OP, even though I think my posts read kind of direct, my intention is to 'support' her or him through the difficult suspicions.

Jen

Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 PM

370 posts, read 882,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post

THE JOB can create problems where none may have existed before.
Ah, the job, the job.

Let me share a link about Odysseus and his wife, (who for 20 years was smart, discerning and 'had his back'.) Odysseus

I believe that inegrity, trust, respect and character are far more meaningful and can withstand a 'job'.

Jen

Old 12-02-2011, 08:28 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
So you are saying that Slope, and similar, jobs are eroding the social fabric of our nation. Hmm.
This type of job, where one of the household goes off for days or weeks at a time has been going on for hundreds of years, since the dawn of Man. There has always been hunter and gathers that have headed off for very long times. This is how we, humans, live. Always have and most likely, always will.
Personally, I have always preferred having some time to myself in a relationship. It's a good opportunity to bond with other family and friends, and to indulge all your annoying pastimes without bothering your significant other

Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Quote:
No I wont, because I navagate around the BS. Without a sense of entitlement no one would invent, fight wars for their interests, start buisness, etc.

The issue is with people that THINK they are entitled, just because there are thoes that THINK they are entitled and really are not does not mean that there are not thoes of out there that actually ARE entitled and when push comes to shove we will take life to maintain what we have worked for and stand for in an organized legal manner, even if it means that I have to expat to a nation that supports the views that I support and have the means to execute on the enforcement of their will.

Much in the same way there were many who left the USA to fight for germany, unfortunatly hitler was crazy, but there reasons for fighting, building industry and executing select bankers was sound (the problem was they went beyond cherry picking the problem individuals and started death camps, they could have easily LEGALLY had many bankers executed for financial crimes and the german people would have had no idea). Dont worry the whinning will stop, just make sure your not one who is silenced by trying to convince people that they should tolerate being exploited and thats just life. The rich CEO's and bankers need to live it up becasue the party is going to eventually end when middle america keeps having to "sacrafice" so others can make a mint.

And no it is not uncommon for spouses to be able to travel unless the company is exploitive or they are military but again people know when the military cause is sound and when its a bogus ruse.

Did it occur to you that some of these spouses may have jobs of their own that they do not want to leave? Or that the couple may have children in school who cannot be left or uprooted with that kind of frequency?

This is not a discussion about the military, it is about slope workers, and I am willing to bet that the majority of slope workers' spouses would not take the opportunity to go along every time if it was offered to them, for the reasons I have just given.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
Hello,
Thank you Naturesdreams. I agree with Blueflames50 too.

Now, for me...to work on being more to the point and less wordy! I really want to "support" the OP, even though I think my posts read kind of direct, my intention is to 'support' her or him through the difficult suspicions.

Jen
Oh definitely... I hope I didn't come across that I wasn't supporting her... trust is such an important part of a relationship and what you went through proves how a marriage can be torn apart without anything going on... jealousy is horrible when unfounded but I'm thinking the OP must have reason and if she does not, I believe conversation and being direct is the only way to feel comfortable about her suspicions (without accusations of course). Blue has a long time marriage and I'm sure she can agree that it takes communication to work things out...

and I agree about having time to yourself by another poster... time to do things for yourself and family/friends and of course when the spouse comes home... a great reunion because of the absence...

Please let me know where you're all going? I will miss you Bonnie

Old 12-03-2011, 12:53 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:

That is just Loopy....

Entitlements are for takers.... The drive for life is what most people get that want to do things in life, not wait until someone gives it to them.

Sadly things like the OWS crowd should be in Washington protesting where the laws are made, not Wall Street. These clowns just want "free" because other people have worked hard all their life so now they are suppose to share the wealth with them? Than is just Bull$hit!

Real life doesn't work that way, in a real storm, people like the demonstrators would die because they expect handouts instead of working for themselves.

People that go to the slope are workers trying to take care of their families, not looking for "entitlements" or extramarital affairs!

SSN isn't an entitlement as Obama claims, you paid into it your entire working life, yet the Politicions claim it is on par with welfare.

Nope, I don't expect anything from anyone if I don't work for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska