Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Read the article --

Plenty of visual evidence there.
I seen that, like I said many states would count that as as a miss. No game to tag back to hunting.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Maybe that's the difference, in person or in public/crowd. Seems as though he turns into the "madman" in a crowd.
I would say that would probably be true.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
I seen that, like I said many states would count that as as a miss. No game to tag back to hunting.
And maybe many states don't give a damn if they've got wounded bear roaming around.

Sorry, but when you come to Alaska, you play by Alaska's rules, even if you are a celebrity.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:46 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Knowing the law is part of being a responsible hunter. The NRA would do well to distance itself from this loon, but then, a large segment of its membership seems pretty "out there," as well. And before anyone says it, no, I am not anti-gun, anymore than I am anti-car. Both are potentially deadly, and as such, both should be properly regulated.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Well Ken Hamby (google) is no celebrity - He got a slap on the hand - for killing for no reason 5 musk Ox outside of Point Hope that were put there by the feds. Then He shot 5 more (for no reason) and got another slap on the hand again. Its all on the internet! Where is the outcry ?? Why wasn't anyone.. ..paying attention! (because Ken is a no body)

Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
And maybe many states don't give a damn if they've got wounded bear roaming around.

Sorry, but when you come to Alaska, you play by Alaska's rules, even if you are a celebrity.
I am in complete agreement. I do not care who you are, left or right, rich or poor, while in Alaska you abide by the State of Alaska Department of Fish & Game regulations without exception. I have no tolerance for anyone who violates those regulations because it effects every Alaskan. I love to fish and hunt, and I want to ensure that future generations have the same opportunities that I currently have.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:44 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,367 times
Some of a post from a hunting forum that may be interesting:

.........The only reason this has come up is due to the unusual fact that he was being filmed with high quality, professional video at the time... oh, and because he is a political hot potato (target). So, well after the fact, they were able to slow down the video to see that the first shot on the first bear brushed against it. In the field, in real time, from the shooter's POV, it was a miss and quite clearly a miss. No wounded animal, hence no strike against the bag limit.

Every single one of you would have done exactly the same thing in that same situation. You'd have seen the first arrow miss and would have gone up to verify by inspecting the recovered arrow and looking for any blood sign. After confirming your miss, you would have continued your hunt. Any one of you that says otherwise is flat out lying.

What you have here is the debate about whether you go with the ruling on the field or allow the instant replay to decide the call. Since the other 99.9% of us don't have the luxery of being judged by slow motion photography, the ruling on the field should be the standard.

That said, I commend Ted for stepping forward, entering his plea and taking the punishment for his "technicality". Remember that he only took one bear, the other one went away uninjured to remain a functional part of the bear population, so there was no harm done. It's not like he killed a 49" moose and walked away, though he is being punished considerably worst than that guy would have been. Ted could have thrown up a ton of money, and thereby wasted a bunch of tax-payer money in a court battle. But he didn't. He did the right thing and I give him full kudos for it.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
He didn't do the right thing if he is actually innocent.

Federal prosecutors claim that the bear was injured and Nugent's lawyers claim it wasn't. Only the bear knows the real truth, I suppose, but even Nugent's lawyer said that there was a bit of blood at the scene where the animal had been hit. Those of us who live in bear country know that a little bit of blood could mean an angry, wounded bear.

I realize that this is a lawyer talking, but I find this statement to be incredibly arrogant:

Quote:
Nugent signed the agreement April 14. But that doesn't mean he or his lawyer, Wayne Anthony Ross, agree with the hunting regulations for the area.
Since when is it up to them to agree or disagree with the hunting regulations of a particular area?

Disclaimer: I never cared for Nugent's music and know very little about his politics. He's just never been someone who has interested me.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM

879 posts, read 1,730,661 times
He's done this sort of thing in a number of states. The guy enjoys killing animals for the fun of it, whether legal or not. His mind is diseased, and his guns should be taken away.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
He does nothing unless it furthers his right wing-nut agenda.....listen to the s-hit that comes outta his mouth of late, that of a total half-baked uneducated moron.

Freedoms Angels....a short statement telling nothing really til this at the end " Please send monetary donations to:"

Kamp for Kids (isn't a camp at all) "children into that higher level of awareness that is the discipline of the shooting sports"

He and his dirtbag lawyer are on the board at the NRA...which is now nothing more than a money-grab machine with another POS (a Frenchman no less) lining his pockets from his big ole salary taken from the poor saps that believe their crappolla.

And, who were the fools that bought into his music scams over the years....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
Now the good, like the donation, and items he gives to auction for charities, or the disable kids he take hunting.

How about Kamp for Kids?
Kamp for Kids - TedNugent.com

How about all the USO tours he has done for our troops?
USO - TedNugent.com

How about Freedom's Angels Founder?
Freedom's Angels - TedNugent.com

Last edited by Captain Crunch; 04-20-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska