Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:53 AM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Its was 10K....you didn't read the article Ray

" Nugent will be banned from hunting or fishing anywhere in Alaska and on any U.S. Forest Service land nationwide for one year.

He will also be placed on two years' probation."
So they say.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Unfortunately, it does appear that he's been charged with numerous hunting violations in other states.

I just can't defend this guy, and I'm sure that those who do will simply cloud the issue with claims that he's being "unfairly attacked" because of his political convictions.

Sorry, Hog, but I live fairly close to where this took place, and although the island in question is an uninhabited one, plenty of locals go there on day trips, etc. and it's right off some of our best shrimping grounds. I don't think it's right that a self-impressed celeb with an inflated sense of entitlement should be coming to our land, wounding a bear and leaving it. Your poster from the other forum was wrong. There was blood. Maybe not much, but that's the nature of puncture wounds (a superficial surface wound might have produced a more substantial amount of blood) . No one really knows how badly that bear was injured -- but the fact that there was blood on the site indicates that he didn't entirely "miss" when he aimed his arrow.

And he and his lawyer should keep their traps shut about how ridiculous the hunting laws in SE are; it isn't there call. I'm sure that they think that it shouldn't matter, but it better not be my kid that has an encounter with a blackie that some idiot hunter has wounded.
But him being a big game hunter, fisherman and saying that, I am sure it will have an effect on some of the hunting and fishing guides in SE AK. Millions more people hear his voice than read CD.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
But him being a big game hunter, fisherman and saying that, I am sure it will have an effect on some of the hunting and fishing guides in SE AK. Millions more people hear his voice than read CD.
I don't think you understand at all. People in Alaska don't kowtow to celebs.

What effect do you think it's going to have on hunting and fishing guides in SE Alaska? Do you actually know these people? Because I do, and they aren't impressed. Or were you perhaps talking about the regulations and not the guides themselves? If so, I wouldn't count on the regs being changed any time soon because of Nugent or any other celebrity.

What does CD have to do with it? Nothing, that's what.

By the way, only the worst kind of cowards use bear baiting stations.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 AM

Default zzvQ-2QXQWw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
He's done this sort of thing in a number of states. The guy enjoys killing animals for the fun of it, whether legal or not. His mind is diseased, and his guns should be taken away.
Good thing for the Constitution GIVES you The right to keep and bear arms. Just like you have the freedom of speech on this matter.

Why should his guns be taken away? He shot the bear with a bow. What a liberal warped mind way of thinking. He is listened by the ATF to own Machine Guns.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
Lets hope this part comes true ASAP for him " I will either be dead"....

Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 AM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Quote:
Good thing for the Constitution GIVES you The right to keep and bear arms. Just like you have the freedom of speech on this matter.
Most rights are conditional. If you break the law, you may lose your right to liberty and be put in prison. If you are a felon, you may lose your right to vote. And if you abuse your right to own a gun, you should lose that right, as well.

And don't tell me how anti-gun and anti-hunting "most" liberals are. I am quite liberal, and have no problem at all with either guns or hunting. I do, however, question the wisdom of allowing completely unregulated access to guns. People who have committed a crime involving a firearm should not have one.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think you understand at all. People in Alaska don't kowtow to celebs.

What effect do you think it's going to have on hunting and fishing guides in SE Alaska? Do you actually know these people? Because I do, and they aren't impressed. Or were you perhaps talking about the regulations and not the guides themselves? If so, I wouldn't count on the regs being changed any time soon because of Nugent or any other celebrity.

What does CD have to do with it? Nothing, that's what.

By the way, only the worst kind of cowards use bear baiting stations.
What happens in SE AK happens. This thing about Ted is on every huting forum in the world.

Oh by the way 95% bear hunter use bait to for a clean shot.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
Quote:
He is a out spoken guy for the hunting community and the 2nd amendment and most liberals hate both of them. So no reason to try arguing. At least he steeped up and admitted he did wrong.
He didn't have a choice, as you suggest...they nailed him with evidence and regulations.

Long time Alaska hunter here and I'll gladly compare the contents of my gun safes with ya any day....but I'm not dumb enough to be a republican or buy into the NRA crappolla.

Ted Nugget is a low-life dirtbag, plain & simple.

Only the weak-mined low IQ right wing nuts wouldn't be able to see past his bs...

Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
Most rights are conditional. If you break the law, you may lose your right to liberty and be put in prison. If you are a felon, you may lose your right to vote. And if you abuse your right to own a gun, you should lose that right, as well.

And don't tell me how anti-gun and anti-hunting "most" liberals are. I am quite liberal, and have no problem at all with either guns or hunting. I do, however, question the wisdom of allowing completely unregulated access to guns. People who have committed a crime involving a firearm should not have one.
Well Ted and the Secret Service met this week, and he still has all his guns still and the "Bow" use to shoot the bear with. If he was a felon he wouldn't own guns, so he must not be a felon.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
What happens in SE AK happens. This thing about Ted is on every huting forum in the world.
And how do you think that's going to impact the guides or the regs in SE? Do you think that F&G reads the hunting forums as a way to decide policy? By the way, you claimed it will have some effect on the guides in SE. Again, do you know them?

Real hunters don't use bear bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska