Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
You are seem to get into with a few people here.. SityData, blueflames50's, warptman, and now me. Just saying.
I've never "gotten into it" with Warpt, and the other two deserved anything they've gotten from me. Nonetheless, this isn't about personalities...but if you want to make it about that, be my guest. It seems to be all that you can understand anyway.

No, you can't understand how SE residents might not take terribly kindly to people who think that their celeb status somehow allows them carte blanche to blow off existing hunting regs, and it is obvious that you don't get that people who actually live in the areas in question aren't star-struck fools.

One more time, if you come to Alaska, play by Alaska's rules, no matter who you are. Sorry that's such a mental stretch for you.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think you understand at all. People in Alaska don't kowtow to celebs.

What effect do you think it's going to have on hunting and fishing guides in SE Alaska? Do you actually know these people? Because I do, and they aren't impressed. Or were you perhaps talking about the regulations and not the guides themselves? If so, I wouldn't count on the regs being changed any time soon because of Nugent or any other celebrity.

What does CD have to do with it? Nothing, that's what.

By the way, only the worst kind of cowards use bear baiting stations.
Sounds like a nice place to live. I am sick of idiots posting about Tebow maybe moving to tennessee, lol who cares.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 PM

811 posts, read 1,318,714 times
Quote:
Uh, yeah. You blared on and on in several posts about how the laws might change because of some deadbeat celeb's little problems with the regs. No, you didn't claim that Ted himself would try to change them, but for some reason you though that "millions of people who read hunting forums" would have some effect on future F&G rulings. Again, AK F&G doesn't cater to celebrities.
Again I NEVER said anywhere Ted was going trying to change laws.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:

Like Ray said it was an honest mistake and he didn't deny doing it.
And people in Alaska get busted for doing stupid things.
It wasn't an honest mistake. There was blood found at the scene, and they have admitted to that. They continued to hunt. That makes it a dishonest and flagrant disregard for the law rather than an "honest mistake." Ray knows less than nothing about bear hunting in SE -- if he did, he would know that bear-baiting is nothing short of a lazy man's game.

Certainly people who live in AK have been cited for hunting violations, and they take their medicine and get on life; I don't know how this justifies anything that Nugent did.

Even the most irresponsible hunter in SE knows better than to wound a blackie and then keep on hunting, BTW -- perhaps because residents understand that doing so will possibly put their friends and family in danger.

Self impressed big-shot celebs who feel entitled to run roughshod over the land and the laws of the state of AK need to understand that they have no special protection simply because of "who they are." Nugent couldn't have "fought it and won." He had no case. He was caught red-handed by his own cameras.

I think that's what bothers people more than anything -- that he believed that his "rocker" or "celeb" status entitled him to break the law. It's obvious that you buy into that mindset as well, Wildchild.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Oh please. One more time, you blared ad nauseum about how the "millions of people" on whatever hunting forums you prowl will have an effect on the decisions made by AK F&G. I've explained to you several times that policy does not depend on whiny celebrities. Sorry that's too tough of a concept for you to grasp.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Yes, but now I photograph them instead of shooting them. I might have a death wish but I like to get up close. Really close. That and I'm too cheap to buy a zoom lens.
It is nice to just get out even you don't shoot anything, see many and let them pass on by unless it is an old bear then I may take him.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Oh please. One more time, you blared ad nauseum about how the "millions of people" on whatever hunting forums you prowl will have an effect on the decisions made by AK F&G. I've explained to you several times that policy does not depend on whiny celebrities. Sorry that's too tough of a concept for you to grasp.
And Ted is going to change the AK hunting regs how???? I said that it is posted all over the web about Ted nothing about him changing and regs.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
And Ted is going to change the AK hunting regs how???? I said that it is posted all over the web about Ted nothing about him changing and regs.
If you can't take responsibility for your own posts, I can't help you. You implied many times that your hero's latest hunting violation may possibly result in changes in regs in SE, and I've pointed out to you why that isn't likely to happen.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
It wasn't an honest mistake. There was blood found at the scene, and they have admitted to that. They continued to hunt. That makes it a dishonest and flagrant disregard for the law rather than an "honest mistake." Ray knows less than nothing about bear hunting in SE -- if he did, he would know that bear-baiting is nothing short of a lazy man's game.
Have video for all of us to see what you are talking about. I sure would like to see what you have been talking about. If this was such a big case was wan't it all over the net.

Now bear hunting with bait is for lazy people.

I think using nets to catch Salmon is a lazy way of fishing. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,888,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
That's the atheism thread. This is a baseball thread.
Oh yeah, you're right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska