Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 05:09 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Glitch / AK76 - You mean it really isn't any different than anywhere else?
Yep, thats what I said.

Quote:
Narcissistic, narrow minded, corrupt, incompetent, no different than any other political system/locale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I do have a political question - Does the Lt. Governor run separate to the Governor? In other words, they are not a "team"? I catch news paper articles and I am confused how that works and what power the Lt. Governor has?

In Florida, they run with the Governor and have little, if any, real power. Obviously the have the governors ear though. And usually handle important projects for the Governor.
They are 'running mates'.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Once the Lt. Governor candidates win their primary, they have to run with the Governor candidate.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:39 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
AK76 - I was being sarcastic...

AK76/Gobrien - Thanks for explaining the Lt. Governor process.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Its a thread killer.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:36 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Right wing Tea Party leaning with a Governor that wants to bankrupt the state appeasing oil companies. Seanoco Phillips is his nickname.
The only good thing about politics is the Tea Party. The corruption relates to both the ones in charge of the Republican party, and the ones in charge of the Democrat party. The Tea party wants to kick both out of office, and so a lot of independent Alaskans.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:41 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The only good thing about politics is the Tea Party. The corruption relates to both the ones in charge of the Republican party, and the ones in charge of the Democrat party. The Tea party wants to kick both out of office, and so a lot of independent Alaskans.

I can't seem to agree with your rational. Once the Tea Party gets in and lowers taxes and shuts down most government services that State will be bankrupt. There wont be enough money to fund the services governments normally provide and without income from taxes there wont be any payments to other than the governor and the legislature and you can bet there will be enough to pay them. Then the public will vote the no government fools out of office and you'll never hear about that type of government again. Those with enough imagination to come up with that type of government are going to prove it don't work that-a-way. And that's who you want to be associated with?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Too many liberals.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
AK76 - I was being sarcastic...

AK76/Gobrien - Thanks for explaining the Lt. Governor process.
Ah, I failed to recognize that....

Old 05-20-2014, 11:31 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
I'm all for political diversity. I miss things and having someone looking at things differently gives me new perspective. It has even changed my thoughts on things.

The Tea Party has won in populated areas of the country (as in established cities) and what they have done hasn't been good. At times required the State to step in and take over the city, because it collapsed. Basically, everything shut down. (Credit to Richelles on stating this already)

Now this line of limited government could work in remote areas in AK that basically have few services and government anyways - but in populated areas, like medium to large cities, where the citizens want (demand) services, this way of thinking and running the government seems to be incompatible.

Ohh and yes, both major parties have corruption issues, but what else is new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: