Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:31 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times

Advertisements

Therapy is expensive, bubble wrap is cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 10:40 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Those idiots took my Philosophy lotion.
It's a 311 thing. 3 ounces in 1...1 quart bag. No liquids people! Unless it's a 3 ounce bottle or tube, all in one, one quart baggie.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,774,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
It's a 311 thing. 3 ounces in 1...1 quart bag. No liquids people! Unless it's a 3 ounce bottle or tube, all in one, one quart baggie.
Yes, Rance, but isn't that rule just for one's carry on?? I thought full size bottles could be checked in the main baggage??

Old 02-28-2008, 12:17 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Yes, Rance, but isn't that rule just for one's carry on?? I thought full size bottles could be checked in the main baggage??
You are correct! Only applies to carry on!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:34 AM

1,401 posts, read 3,774,174 times
I thought so, I'd just packed up a few months back to travel, and put all my full size Lancombe, and Elizabeth Arden products in my checked in bag. They all arrived safe and sound.

So you see why I say 'sticky fingers'. Philosophy lotion can be pricey. If that were the only thing taken from Met's luggage, that's what I'd be thinking.

Now speaking only for myself, I think I'd bring it to someone's attention, upon my return flight that something was purloined.

I had the worst event happen shortly after 9/11 when all the new 'random searches' went into effect. I was waiting to board my flight in Charlotte NC, for NYC, and had my laptop computer's bag by the strap over my shoulder. I could not use the regular handle, as it was damaged and ready to break. (never buy Wilson leathers) Anyhow, as my row was called, the 'random inspector' suddenly hollers, 'Ma'am, ma'am! Over here please, come along!' So I stepped over, and she wanted to inspect the 'bag that you refuse to set down'. As I took it from my shoulder, I tried to tell her that the handle was not in good shape, and to please take it by its shoulder strap. She completely ignored me, grabbed the handle of the bag, and (you guessed it) it broke, and the laptop went crashing to the floor. "Oh, dear" she says, "I hope this isn't something important."

Luckily for her, it was not damaged. I was NOT amused. Not in the slightest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska