Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:50 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,805,867 times

Advertisements

oh for the love of god, you're moving to Alaska and by your post you're biggest worry is sat tv reception?

anyhoo, cable will be your best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,969,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
oh for the love of god, you're moving to Alaska and by your post you're biggest worry is sat tv reception?

There are a lot of Internet TV stations out there too.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,001,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post

Hardly. I'm not worried about the weather in the slightest and it looks like the wife's job situation is being resolved very soon. Hence, my concern about being able to watch the Steelers. I don't think that you understand just how devoted to football western PA natives really are.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Hardly. I'm not worried about the weather in the slightest and it looks like the wife's job situation is being resolved very soon. Hence, my concern about being able to watch the Steelers. I don't think that you understand just how devoted to football western PA natives really are.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,150,019 times
Steelers are still in the NFL?????

Old 03-10-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Damn straight.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 PM

When we lived in the Pittsburgh area my wife was going nuts. She's a die hard Browns fan. She found herself deep in enemy territory. She went bonkers too but we didn't have satellite.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Default DirectTV Bites!

Satellite TV (DirecTV in particular) in Alaska sucks. Yes, they do offer the service in Alaska, but you won't like the reception you get. One out of every three days you will get no reception at all. When you call and complain, they blame it on the weather, or if it is a perfect day outside, they will blame it on being in Alaska. Either way they want you to pay for services you aren't getting and they aren't providing. You need at least a 3 meter dish to get decent reception here.

Stick with Cable or get DTV from the local phone company, if they offer it.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Satellite TV (DirecTV in particular) in Alaska sucks. Yes, they do offer the service in Alaska, but you won't like the reception you get. One out of every three days you will get no reception at all. When you call and complain, they blame it on the weather, or if it is a perfect day outside, they will blame it on being in Alaska. Either way they want you to pay for services you aren't getting and they aren't providing. You need at least a 3 meter dish to get decent reception here.

Stick with Cable or get DTV from the local phone company, if they offer it.
You're bumming me out, big-time. I don't relish the thought of having to drive to a sports bar in December to watch a Steeler game, especially when it is impossible for me not to enjoy some adult beverages while watching football.

I'll get the 9 foot dish if that's what has to happen for me to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. It pisses me off to no end that only DirecTV has the Sunday Ticket. Consumers should be able to purchase it from any television medium (as long as they're willing to pay a premium, which I am). Hell, I work for Comcast and had to go to a sports bar most Sundays this last year.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:33 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,418,604 times
Down in Southeast we get perfect reception all the time. Well, until snow buries the dish

Dont know about Anchorage area though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska