Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 PM

823 posts, read 1,732,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
Just wanted to let you all know hubby Crossfire's trip has officially begun. He left PA today for his elk hunt in Colorado. Last I heard he was going through Indiana and called to say "Nah, nah, I'm closer to Alaska than you are." I'll meet up with him next week and we'll continue on to Bellinham.

Our movers are actually going to be here friday to pick up our stuff, then I pull out on Sat. morning. I think lyoness is to be holding out a cup of java for me in Ohio saturday .....I will bring Gobs from our local bakery.

Wooo Hoooo! Now I feel like we're really doing this!
Dawn
Tell him I said goodluck on his hunt when you talk to him. I'm already wishing I had another hunt to go to. Hope you have a safe trip and there's beer cold in the fridge and elk on the grill when you get up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,147 times
Quote:
Just wanted to let you all know hubby Crossfire's trip has officially begun. He left PA today for his elk hunt in Colorado. Last I heard he was going through Indiana and called to say "Nah, nah, I'm closer to Alaska than you are." I'll meet up with him next week and we'll continue on to Bellinham.

Our movers are actually going to be here friday to pick up our stuff, then I pull out on Sat. morning. I think lyoness is to be holding out a cup of java for me in Ohio saturday .....I will bring Gobs from our local bakery.

Dawn
Better believe I am! I may just have a suite case packed to smuggle my self along

Old 10-08-2008, 05:43 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Quote:

Dawn
Are you bringing two vehicles up? I wish I was on the road! I'm still debating on a road trip to Haines at the end of the month.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Are you bringing two vehicles up? I wish I was on the road! I'm still debating on a road trip to Haines at the end of the month.
We'll have 2 vehicles to Washington, then we're shipping one from Tacoma to Anchorage. Then we'll be one happy family in one vehicle.

You sound like me, Warpt, I need about 1 long roadtrip every few months to stay sane. Tho' this road trip outdoes them all!
Dawn

Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Better believe I am! I may just have a suite case packed to smuggle my self along
Maybe she'll sneak ya up with her.....But you still have to pack.....

Last edited by Grannysroost; 10-08-2008 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: cuz....

Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
We'll have 2 vehicles to Washington, then we're shipping one from Tacoma to Anchorage. Then we'll be one happy family in one vehicle.

You sound like me, Warpt, I need about 1 long roadtrip every few months to stay sane. Tho' this road trip outdoes them all!
Dawn
Know that feeling, finally am feeling that "I need a trip" after a year, I must have been a sissy, but now look out.....Love taking off on a trip...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Maybe she'll sneak ya up with her.....But you still have to pack.....
I finally had a yard sale last weekend to do some of my major weeding out so I would have less to pack now I know I need to wait until spring or summer at this point, but it is so hard! Then again with as shaky as the economy is right now if I get laid off I could transfer sooner, now there's a thought

Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,782 times
In hindsight I do wish I started a few months earlier to the yard sale thing. We gave away so much "stuff" at the last minute because it was overwhelming just do to decide what to do with it!
The "movers" came and got our stuff out of storage today and picked up the snowmobiles and trailer. (I sez to them - if you lose anything don't let it be the snowmobiles!)
Hubby said the mountains in colorado are gorgeous - and imagine - we'll be seeing that kind of scenery every day
Can't wait to meet you all - I'm on the road tomorrow!
We'll post as we get wi-fi access!
Dawn and the spoiled-rotten-white-and-black-spotted-princess-Lightning Dog

Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 AM

Make sure you's have a safe trip, and be sure to post when you can

Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,228,708 times
What's that old phrase? Oh yeah, "Write when you find good works". Have a safe trip. There's a million idiots on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska