Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:46 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times

Advertisements

What do spruce tips taste like?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
It's kind of a bitter taste, Barkely.

Quote:
I couldn't agree more...kids before a man or marriage anytime!!!
I completely agree, and it's a terrible shame that no one in that family even tried to protect that child at the time it happened. I think it speaks to their "family values" that the tasering was OK as long as the marriage was still intact, but on the day that Molly McCann filed for divorce, Chuck called the Troopers office in Anchorage to complain about it. To give Chuck the benefit of the doubt, he may not have known about it. But he certainly knew about the illegal moose killing, because he's the one who butchered the animal after Wooten shot it.

It makes me sick that this kid was tasered and the mother just let it go.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:58 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
They sound like a very dysfunctional family. The tasering could've killed the child.

I will have to try the winter ale & sample the spruce tips. Oddly enough there is a company on the internet that will ship most of the Alaskan beers everywhere.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Back to the original posts in this thread....

Quote:
An interesting note, two of the most powerful people in Alaska today are women! Look out US. WE ARE COMING!
Were you by any chance referring to Lyda Green here?

Palin is over. But I have a feeling that Green has just begun.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Smile Why I'd Be a Better VP than Sarah Palin!

Now we're talkin!

Why I'd Be a Better VP than Sarah Palin

Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,962 times
That was too funny Rance...good one!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 AM

391 posts, read 1,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I am black you fraud.

I'm a "fraud"? If you are black and quoting that, then you are depriving some village of its idiot. Where in your demented mind am I a "fraud"?? Did I misrepresent myself as some thing I am not (the answer is "NO"). You want to complain about "rednecks" and "Sarah Palin" and you don't even know when you're being derogatory to your own race?? "Talk about the snowflake calling the snowman white". You're still depriving some village of its idiot if you think what you said was "okay". I've heard moronic thoughts before, but you are close to taking the cake.

I am a fraud my arse. Show where I misrepresented myself!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian View Post
I'm a "fraud"? If you are black and quoting that, then you are depriving some village of its idiot. Where in your demented mind am I a "fraud"?? Did I misrepresent myself as some thing I am not (the answer is "NO"). You want to complain about "rednecks" and "Sarah Palin" and you don't even know when you're being derogatory to your own race?? "Talk about the snowflake calling the snowman white". You're still depriving some village of its idiot if you think what you said was "okay". I've heard moronic thoughts before, but you are close to taking the cake.

I am a fraud my arse. Show where I misrepresented myself!!!!!!!!!!
Get over yourself. I, at least, explained - politely - what pot-kettle-black means and refers to. Not every single reference to 'black' is some form of racism. Some of them actually refer to just the color, as in 'black crayon' or being just plain dirty, as in 'every time I went into my burned house, I came out black with soot.' Get it?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 PM

Dear kari,

Thank you. For what, I'm not sure. No need to "get over myself". My comments were not directed at you, but have at it. Tank called me a fraud. I corrected Tank.

Now, believe it or not, my grandparents/others' grandparents/etc did not use Usenet. I understand that you believe it must be something from Usenet, since Usenet is *really* old. There are things older than Usenet, though. I grew up in one of the border states. I've lived years in the deeper south / multiple deep south states. That saying is not rooted in Usenet. It is rooted in something else.

I am not a touchy feely / PC at any cost sort of guy. But I've had my share of observations of inherit racism as we start to get generations between the 60s and now. I've also had more than my fair share of government sponsored equal opportunity classes. My comment on using that still stands... whether you believe it came from the 80s or not.

I just said that almost as nicely as possible.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:34 PM

Decided not to edit--leave the above as is. Kari (outside of the Usenet attribution...it was a *little* over the top for me), that idiom does have deeper roots than the good ole deep South. It can also be *argued* that the Confederate flag stands for "morals and virtues" (think it in a deep southern drawl) of a past age, etc. Buddhist's swastika (opposite direction of the Nazi) have taken on a symbolism of something much darker than their beliefs (at least in countries where they are not so prevalent). Same of that idiom is all I'm saying and pointing out.

No matter, I shall not visit this thread again, so have at it / me.

the *fraud*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska