Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,306 times

Advertisements

Im moving permently Home-- have always spent time in the bush living but will now build a place on the road system.

I am anxious to meet Christians.

In Kenai , Wasilla , Eagle River , Palmer , Talkeetna , Fairbanks , and other places. PM or reply for tips on Congregations please-- I know theres lotsa you--

Times are going to all heck in a handbasket and weve only seen up to part three of Ten .
Anyone I welcome PMs and I give the straight up truth as well PM.

Good luck to all -- What a disaster the mind/will of man has ceated in this land, you know whos running this program and it isnt God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 10:37 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
Mountainman, I though you felt safer living self-sufficient in the bush? Just curious why the change of heart?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:01 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Mountainman, I though you felt safer living self-sufficient in the bush? Just curious why the change of heart?
Probably couldn't pull in HBO on the satellite.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
He probably is taking into consideration the fact that he has to work for a living, like most people, so he'll need to be in a more populated area.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Probably couldn't pull in HBO on the satellite.

LOLOL-- No CNBC B.O. and watch Cramer-- ya know that guy started his show to try and help/make amends to all the sheople he fleeced during his hedge fund days--- and look now the sheep are getting fleeced again-- LOLOLOL--- Hes got millions in dirty money and he knows it. Good luck.

I mean Ya cant make this stuff up -- got a bunch more BM ar steel-- gonna be good as currency in the Bizarro MONSTER DEPRESSION that is gonna devour the western world.

No I figure we got about 2-3 more years before WWF Superdome 'Main Event' living descends upon Chicago and everyother cesspool Metropolis . So gonna punch into the Union and get as many paper IOUs as I can while I find what Im lookin for out THERE , Alakshak's a big state ya know. Still drawn to the Interior so big and free, but the damn winters are so cold, was hard to have a normal life at 50 below.

Have a good trip Mates

Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,936 times
We always seem to think that changing scenery will change our life. The only problem with this idea is that we bring ourselves along. Our family is considering a move up to Alaska as a place of refuge from the coming collapse. We are Christians and want to raise our family in a secure environment where we can grow our own food and harvest what God supplies from His earth. Any thought on where to locate, mild climate, good soil?

I appreciate your analysis of the collapse of our financial system. Though man implemented the collapse God brought causative agent as He hates unjust weights and measures.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:01 PM

773 posts, read 1,939,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee1 View Post
We always seem to think that changing scenery will change our life. The only problem with this idea is that we bring ourselves along. Our family is considering a move up to Alaska as a place of refuge from the coming collapse. We are Christians and want to raise our family in a secure environment where we can grow our own food and harvest what God supplies from His earth. Any thought on where to locate, mild climate, good soil?

I appreciate your analysis of the collapse of our financial system. Though man implemented the collapse God brought causative agent as He hates unjust weights and measures.
Here is a place to consider if you want your own garden.

http://www.uaf.edu/ces/publications/freepubs/HGA-00237.pdf (broken link)

It looks informative.

But if all else fails, you can fall back on this:

http://www.talkeetnadesign.com/Images/graphic_design/writing/CONTAINER%20GARDENS.pdf (broken link)

Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee1 View Post

Mild Climate?

You can grow your own food in Alaska but you will need a greenhouse to get much of a variety I think. Root crops grow great, as does broccoli, peas, cabbage and some others. But it is harder to grow some other crops.

If you work at it you can definetely grow your own crops here. Potatos are always a good bet.

I think Rance grows most of his.

Of course, you can allways by canned crops...ooops.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,701,504 times

Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
With a little work...gardens do well here. I have to give away wheel barrow loads every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska