Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:58 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,998,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
No, you don't get it. Part of it is probably not your fault, since you don't live here therefore your only source of information is what you get spoon fed in the national media. However, you still bear the responsibility to exercize some critical thinking skills and determine what is relevant and what isn't. As Rance said, who cares about her babies or her clothes. The original purpose of this thread was for Alaskan residents to discuss the REAL reasons we have to support Palin or not. As I and many others have explained, there are many specific, important economic and policy issues that we support her on, and others we vehemently disagree with her about. However, all of this tabloid stuff you lower 48'ers continue to obsess about only demonstrates that you all have way too much time on your hands.
Ditto all that. Why these people feel it necessary to come in here and spout regurgitated garbage gleaned from the liberal media is beyond me. Awakening, please go back to whatever black hole of leftist lunacy that you crawled out of.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
Sigh...some people simply wont look at facts.
Mainly...you.

Quote:
Sure women fly during pregnancy- But not full term and NOT DURING LABOR!
Hello - has anyone here had a baby ? YOu don't fly at that point!
Plus she already knew Trig was special needs- requiring extra care.
MOST pro-choice ppl would never think of it- yet we have a pro-lifer risking the unborn full term baby?
There was just a lady that had a baby in midair...what...2-3 days ago. Wake the hell up already. It happens all the TIME!

Quote:
As for Palin letting her daughters boyfriend move in -- NOT Many with strong famly values allow a teen to have a bf/gf MOVE IN! Sure people do it, but not if your platform is family values. Most parent's don't allow bf/gf of teens to move in!
Hello...this is 2009...not 1909. Get with the times!

Quote:
Afraid of Palin? NO- i am ashamed of her.
WTF? She ain't even your govenor. Get a life!

Quote:
Tell me where her sense of ethics and family values show in her real life?
SArah is a sad joke!
No...you are the joke. Hello...McFly! You must be about a miserable SOB in real life.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoTogepi View Post
A lot of people don't like her as a national candidate, but how is she actually doing as Governor of Alaska?

(Only people that live in Alaska, please)
you aren't from Alaska and you are asking for only people from Alaska to reply? What is that all about? I think this is an old and dead subject...She the governor, some like her, some do not and what difference does this make to you???

Nita

Old 03-26-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Mainly...you.

There was just a lady that had a baby in midair...what...2-3 days ago. Wake the hell up already. It happens all the TIME!

Hello...this is 2009...not 1909. Get with the times!

WTF? She ain't even your govenor. Get a life!

No...you are the joke. Hello...McFly! You must be about a miserable SOB in real life.
Nice post Rance. Why these non-Alaskan left-wing loons find it necessary to come in here spewing inane drivel is mind-boggling. Do they think that anyone up here cares?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I could care less if she flew while pregnant or not. A million ladies do that every day.
A lot of women might fly while they are pregnant, but rest assured that millions of ladies do not get on an airplane after their water breaks. And babies being born in mid-air does not happen "all the TIME".

I don't give a rat's ass about the governor and don't feel she's any kind of threat to the Democratic Party in '12 or at any other time; the GOP doesn't want her. But why is it that anyone with a dissenting opinion is totally attacked here and called a "miserable SOB in real life?"

And try to understand that some people are interested in the governor because of her obvious posturing for high political office in '12. That makes it not just an "Alaskan" issue.

Most of the people posting here do not live in AK; this is--once again--after all, a relocation forum. The old "you don't live here crap" has gotten beyond tedious and it is not condusive to the purpose of this forum.

It's a damned shame to see people repeatedly treated like crap here simply because they don't fit in with the current "status quo" that has evolved here within the past year. Trolls are one thing but some of you seem to believe that anyone who says something that you don't agree with is a "troll".

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-26-2009 at 05:22 PM..

Old 03-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Ditto all that. Why these people feel it necessary to come in here and spout regurgitated garbage gleaned from the liberal media is beyond me. Awakening, please go back to whatever black hole of leftist lunacy that you crawled out of.

So do you have anything to offer besides your usual venom towards anything to the left of Ann Coulter?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So do you have anything to offer besides your usual venom towards anything to the left of Ann Coulter?
Read his/her posts before criticizing me please. There you will find the true "venom" Met.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Seriously if you have a real reason to like Palin let me know what values she has that you respect and how she shows it.

I just don't get it!

Palin- at first glance- seemed like a nice respectable conservative family values woman. However, then you spend a few moments and you see that Palin is not at all what she pretends to be. It's completely disappointing and then she just gets frustrating.

Let's look at some facts-

Campaigns on ethics and family values- I'm for those, so great!

Well on family values pro-life platform you learn that Palin flew during labor with Trig knowing he was a special needs baby. NOT something most pro-choice ppl would do. So, okay she's honestly not a strong pro-life person.
Afterall, she risked her own full term baby!!!

Palin also Allowed her Daughters Boyfriend to Move into the Home with Them.
Levi just moved out.

Okay, so Palin is not so good on family values. Clearly strong family values don't include moving in your teenage daughter's boyfriend..
So let's give up on family values and move on.
=====

How is Palin doing on ethics? Hmmmm
Okay she charged Ak for flights . (NOt so good there)
HOwever she is paying funds back- but let's not forget she isn't accepting any blame or apologizing for the charges.

NO accountability leads to the next facts we know...

Doesn't accept any blame
Quick to blame others
Never apologizes
Plays word games - like I am not rejecting the funds - just not accepting them.
Come on pleassssssssse

IN a recent speech Palin said when she went to pray at the Republican convention she couldn't find anyone there she wanted to hold hands with and pray. OKay insult everyone working to help you and giving you a chance of a life time!!!

Palin has not been doing what is best for AK!

Palin not accepting the stimulus funds was not good for AK.
Palin charging Ak for flights and staying at her home- is not ethical.
The per diem was set up to offset extra expenses in hotels and eating out on trips. NOt to stay home.
She's made a mess of many things for AK.

Palin is not ethical
Palin is not an example of family values.
Palin is not accountable
Palin is consistent in putting herself first

I get liking what Palin wanted us to believe she stands for...but clearly she doesn''t .
not living in Alaska, I had never heard the story about her flying after her water broke, special needs child has nothing to do with this: where did the information come from and was there ar reason behind this or do you really know???

The father of her daughters child moves in: would I accept this? probably not, but again we do not know the situation and we are living in a new century, not the early 1900s.

I respect her right to life stand, whether you believe she really holds this view or not I don't give a rats A@@, I happen to believe many would have aborted thier child knowing it had Down Syndrom. By the way I am not 100 per cent pro life, but I respect the fact she is...

You obviously do not like her, you have a right to not support her, but I question some of your comments. We can all take what appears to be facts and turn them around to fit our views.

Nita

Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Moose, these days we have something called the Internet through which we get to read the Anchorage Daily News and other publications from Alaska. If you want to get acquainted with this thing called the Internet, please let me know. I will be happy to give you a free tutorial.
and you believe everything you read? I thought people living in Silicorn Valley were a little smarter than that..Maybe you spend too much time in your tech world and not enough in the real world???

Nita

Old 03-26-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Seriously if you have a real reason to like Palin let me know what values she has that you respect and how she shows it.

I just don't get it!

Palin- at first glance- seemed like a nice respectable conservative family values woman. However, then you spend a few moments and you see that Palin is not at all what she pretends to be. It's completely disappointing and then she just gets frustrating.

Let's look at some facts-

Campaigns on ethics and family values- I'm for those, so great!

Well on family values pro-life platform you learn that Palin flew during labor with Trig knowing he was a special needs baby. NOT something most pro-choice ppl would do. So, okay she's honestly not a strong pro-life person.
Afterall, she risked her own full term baby!!!

Palin also Allowed her Daughters Boyfriend to Move into the Home with Them.
Levi just moved out.

Okay, so Palin is not so good on family values. Clearly strong family values don't include moving in your teenage daughter's boyfriend..
So let's give up on family values and move on.
=====

How is Palin doing on ethics? Hmmmm
Okay she charged Ak for flights . (NOt so good there)
HOwever she is paying funds back- but let's not forget she isn't accepting any blame or apologizing for the charges.

NO accountability leads to the next facts we know...

Doesn't accept any blame
Quick to blame others
Never apologizes
Plays word games - like I am not rejecting the funds - just not accepting them.
Come on pleassssssssse

IN a recent speech Palin said when she went to pray at the Republican convention she couldn't find anyone there she wanted to hold hands with and pray. OKay insult everyone working to help you and giving you a chance of a life time!!!

Palin has not been doing what is best for AK!

Palin not accepting the stimulus funds was not good for AK.
Palin charging Ak for flights and staying at her home- is not ethical.
The per diem was set up to offset extra expenses in hotels and eating out on trips. NOt to stay home.
She's made a mess of many things for AK.

Palin is not ethical
Palin is not an example of family values.
Palin is not accountable
Palin is consistent in putting herself first

I get liking what Palin wanted us to believe she stands for...but clearly she doesn''t .

Satch--I agree with a lot of what this poster said. And I don't see that she said it in a venomous way, like some of the others who have come here and tried to blame every single Alaskan for gunning down wolves and killing polar bears et al.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-26-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska