Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:45 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
No, I am not defending the guy. I do believe that relating to gun rights, he is the best attorney we have in Alaska.
What has he ever done, short of annoying everyone else with his wacko self promotion? Not a thing! Even the NRA leadership side stepped him from the promotion track because he was such a radical and too divisive.

You've been suckered; because your decision making process is shallow, as you demonstrate with the next sentence:
Quote:
But I haven't seen anything on writing about misbehavior on his part to assume he is guilty.
That statement cannot be true. You clearly do read newspapers, you clearly do at least on occasion use Google, so what you are saying is that you have refused to look at what is there! The man has been spouting this trash for 4 decades and it is impossible to have missed it short of willful effort.

Other than prevent the State of Alaska from destroying confiscated weapons, what has he ever done that was useful? (And for that matter, did even that have any value?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
What has he ever done, short of annoying everyone else with his wacko self promotion? Not a thing! Even the NRA leadership side stepped him from the promotion track because he was such a radical and too divisive.

You've been suckered; because your decision making process is shallow, as you demonstrate with the next sentence:That statement cannot be true. You clearly do read newspapers, you clearly do at least on occasion use Google, so what you are saying is that you have refused to look at what is there! The man has been spouting this trash for 4 decades and it is impossible to have missed it short of willful effort.

Other than prevent the State of Alaska from destroying confiscated weapons, what has he ever done that was useful? (And for that matter, did even that have any value?)
Post the links.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Post the links.
Do your own homework Ray. There are literally hundreds of op-ed pieces that Ross wrote for the Times and the even the ADN. His words, not news reports.

Get your head out of the sand. And stop demanding that reality be forced on you by someone else.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Do your own homework Ray. There are literally hundreds of op-ed pieces that Ross wrote for the Times and the even the ADN. His words, not news reports.

Get your head out of the sand. And stop demanding that reality be forced on you by someone else.
All I have read are quoted rumors on the ADN and other papers. Nothing tangible.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Quote:
All I have read are quoted rumors on the ADN and other papers. Nothing tangible.
I see. So, what you don't want to believe are to be called rumours, the prejudices you desperately want to cling to are facts. Great work, dude!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
I quoted two things that he wrote, I also quoted someone else's quoting him. He wrote op-ed pieces for years.

Yet you claim to have never seen a thing, which is out and out deceitful on your part. Refusing to look, and closing your eyes when it is presented to you does not make for "nothing tangible". It just puts sand in your mouth, your hair, your eyes, your nose, and under your chin.

Please stop trying to fool everyone including yourself. Use google and try to show us something non-trivial Ross ever did as an attorney that was actually useful to Alaskans as a whole. Between whining about women, gays, Blacks, Natives and anyone who voted for non-corrupt political candidates, the guy never really had time to be honorable!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:14 PM

All along I have said that I am not defending the guy, so I don't care what happens to him in relation to the job as attorney general. However, when it comes to deciding if he is guilty about something, rumors and innuendos won't do it for me. That's my stance on this issue.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
I see. So, what you don't want to believe are to be called rumours, the prejudices you desperately want to cling to are facts. Great work, dude!
Show me a main stream media report where the reporter tells in detail the validity or the rumors I have mentioned, and I assure you that he or she will have a lawsuit in his or her hands, because so far nobody has been able to come-up with proof relating to the validity of such rumors.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
rumors and innuendos won't do it for me. That's my stance on this issue.
So you refuse to read anything that will contradict the rumors you like.

Whatever turns your crank Ray, but that's absurd.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Show me a main stream media report where the reporter tells in detail the validity or the rumors I have mentioned, and I assure you that he or she will have a lawsuit in his or her hands, because so far nobody has been able to come-up with proof relating to the validity of such rumors.
Get off it Ray.

Ross does not deny much of it. He wrote and published it! Did you hear that yet??? He is the one who wrote the printed articles that say he believes these things!

“KKK ‘art’ project gets ‘A’ for courage" is one that he wrote in 1993.

There is only one allegation that he has denied. Leah Burton wrote a letter to the Judiciary Committee detailing what she says Ross stated in a speech she heard him make defending spousal rape. Ross denies it. Yet virtually everyone is laughing at his denial because he said "I don't talk like that!", and everyone knows that he does talk exactly like that. The letter is supported by Leah Burton's father, Richard L. Burton, who is a former Alaska State Commissioner of Public Safety, serving under Governor Jay Hammond and Governor Walley Hickel.
"In light of the strong reaction from the native and rural communities of the state and your obvious position and bias relative to domestic and children's issues I find it hard to believe that you could be in charge of the department that is charged with enforcing laws in an impartial or effective manner."
From a letter to Ross released by Richard L. Burton

You of course need not believe that Ross wrote any of the articles that Ross wrote. Facts have never seemed to influence you much before, why change now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska