Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Do they make a Pinot Noir?
Toasted Head Wines

Quote:
Our Barrel Reserve Pinot Noir boasts a beautiful varietal nose of wild cherry and raspberry fruit complemented by floral, Asian spice, sandalwood, and earth tones. Sappy, spicy, and wonderfully balanced in the mouth. With unmistakable varietal pedigree, we produce lovely elegant Pinot Noir that is delicious now, but will age beautifully in bottle for several years
Although "barrel reserve" might be a bit more spendy...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:02 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm referencing certain e-mails she wrote at one time....

Think Progress » Palin wrote an e-mail to friends pretending to be God: ‘Trig’s Creator, Your Heavenly Father.’

By the way, the whole messiah thing concerning Obama was a creation of the far right. No one I know who voted for him considers him anything more than another politician, probably the lesser of two evils.

As I recall it was a writer for Time Magazine who made the comment.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Unrelated to her fantasy world, she does not appear very comfortable or natural in holding that baby... (in the link).
Oh cripe....I hope she doesn't say she invented the Internet next.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
[/b]

As I recall it was a writer for Time Magazine who made the comment.
And the right took it and ran with it, especially on internet forums like this one. I've never heard one person who voted for Obama stating that he's a "messiah" of any kind, yet I've heard countless wingnuts blaring that those of us who voted for him consider him so.

Unlike Sarah Palin, who must consider herself the messiah considering the way she signed those e-mails...most of us realize that we're all just human beings at the end of the day.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:13 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
They may but Pinot and halibut don't really go well together. Pinot is the only thing to drink with salmon, though. Good thing I eat a lot of it.
Having a little bed time snack, Pinot Noir and oreo cookies.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Oh cripe....I hope she doesn't say she invented the Internet next.
Or maybe she won't have to and it'll just become the stuff of urban legends..

Oreos sound pretty good but I had a half a piece of brownie/walnut pie at the cafe earlier so no more sweets.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
And the right took it and ran with it, especially on internet forums like this one. I've never heard one person who voted for Obama stating that he's a "messiah" of any kind, yet I've heard countless wingnuts blaring that those of us who voted for him consider him so.
No, while it may have never been explicitly said, the term messiah is accurately used (IMO) to describe the fanatical belief by some that Obama can SAVE US ALL from everything that ails society.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
They may but Pinot and halibut don't really go well together. Pinot is the only thing to drink with salmon, though.
Defintely, though I get a really funny after-taste if I try to drink it with smoked salmon. However I suspect smoked salmon will effect the tast of just about any wine.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
No, while it may have never been explicitly said, the term messiah is accurately used (IMO) to describe the fanatical belief by some that Obama can SAVE US ALL from everything that ails society.
I've never heard anyone say that or felt that anyone believed quite that way. It's a term I've heard used disparagingly by the right quite often though. But I think that there are naive voters on both sides who tend to think that their candidate of choice holds all the answers.

Certainly enough people heard Palin bleat about family values and the "real America" that they saw her as a potential savior of sorts.

But until those e-mails, no candidate has identified themselves as God...

Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Defintely, though I get a really funny after-taste if I try to drink it with smoked salmon. However I suspect smoked salmon will effect the tast of just about any wine.
Something light and white, I guess might work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: