Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times

Advertisements

I think Floyd has a problem with anyone else being right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 03:39 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Yes indeed.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
ohhhh screw it....those pictures of pilots were actually aliens who came thru the black hole that the government created with all that testing in Alaska impersonating Russian pilots....didn't you guys read it in the Inquizinator??? I did....snicker snicker

Old 12-03-2009, 05:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
This is the best thread ever.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

That "foil hat" you been wearing really needs to come off....

Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,654,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny in how your arguments always revolve around you proving what you are arguing against, was right to start with.
Funny how you can't accept what is valid, and go back again and again to false statements.

Quote:
Even in an AIZ, the country that it belongs to controls that space as you stated...
As I stated, the ID Zone is not US airspace.
Quote:
So it would be very normal for fighters to intercept unknown aircraft in them because they are in U.S. controlled airspace. That doesn't mean they will shoot them down, but clearly, in our case U.S. airspace.
Get it clear: the ID Zone is not US airspace.
Quote:
If that is what these pilots considered "Our" airspace, then they are in fact correct in spite of your inability to grasp that, and that may have been what was told to Palin without the details when she said Russians were in our airspace.

That "foil hat" you been wearing really needs to come off....
Boy are you one to talk...
Quote:
BTW, the Clear AFB Radar does look for missles, but it can clearly see whatever is flying by our boarders. The Phase Aray Radar is a pretty neat thing, the older Radar you were refering to was put out of commission some ten plus years ago, it is still there, but disabled and being removed.
You clearly claimed previously, and now you are again, that Clear radar monitors bomber aircraft in the ID Zone. You claimed they would know all about Russian bomber incursions. They monitor missiles, not bombers.

Clear is more than 500 miles from the nearest edge of US airspace... They do not monitor traffic in the ID Zone (which is precisely why Cape Lisburne and Barrow LRRS's still exist). Worse, as I've pointed out and you seem to miss the significance of what was said, nobody at Clear AFB has been able, for a very long time, to actually look at a radar scope showing what their radar can see.

It's pretty obvious that you never had any connection at Clear to the radar system and had no connection the air defense network in Alaska. You do have a wonderful imagination though...

Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
It's pretty obvious that you never had any connection at Clear to the radar system and had no connection the air defense network in Alaska. You do have a wonderful imagination though...
Must have done something right, they send me a retirement check every month....

Quote:
You clearly claimed previously, and now you are again, that Clear radar monitors bomber aircraft in the ID Zone. You claimed they would know all about Russian bomber incursions. They monitor missiles, not bombers.
They monitor anything that moves in our airspace and beyond! Kinda like Satellite TV from outer space.... I monitor that and get great NFL on the big screen...

I use to ask the techs if they ever saw UFOs at lunch, they would roll their eyes and smile, but never said they didn't...

Floyd, you take any statement someone makes and try to make it your own... Fact is the Russians do fly into "American Controlled Airspace", our fighters "Meet with them" and exchange camera shots, then go home.... so far.

Get over it....

Oh, here is that shot of your cat that was posting itself on the net.... nice eyes!

http://www.bbnchina.cn/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/catintinfoil1.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by starlite9; 12-03-2009 at 10:09 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times
Starlite & Floyd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njU...eature=related

Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Yep, that was Floyd on the right! I was younger then....

Old 12-04-2009, 03:26 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,654,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
It comes down to these gratuitous personal insults... and that's when I drop out of the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska