Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

I admit this is off topic but when I heard that a man tried to explode some kind of device on the airliner yesterday from Amsterdam to Detroit, I just about freaked. One of my children and his wife are traveling by air now.

It's like there are these infected (28 days) mutants who are throwing themselves at us trying to destroy us. I don't care what they say (religion whatever) these people are Insane. It's like they are infected with a deadly virus that contorts their brains. Reminds me of the last remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. These f'krs have got to be taken out.

Sorry, just pissed off and worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I admit this is off topic but when I heard that a man tried to explode some kind of device on the airliner yesterday from Amsterdam to Detroit, I just about freaked. One of my children and his wife are traveling by air now.

It's like there are these infected (28 days) mutants who are throwing themselves at us trying to destroy us. I don't care what they say (religion whatever) these people are Insane. It's like they are infected with a deadly virus that contorts their brains. Reminds me of the last remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. These f'krs have got to be taken out.

Sorry, just pissed off and worried.

I don't blame you for being pissed off. I know I was real pissed off when I first read it. First of all, how did this mutant (I like that you called him that) , get on the plane with the explosives? Oh I know, they only stop 90 year old ladies for their knitting needles. Yes those people are insane. My best wishes for your son and his wife in traveling...matter of fact, for all of those traveling.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I don't blame you for being pissed off. I know I was real pissed off when I first read it. First of all, how did this mutant (I like that you called him that) , get on the plane with the explosives? Oh I know, they only stop 90 year old ladies for their knitting needles. Yes those people are insane. My best wishes for your son and his wife in traveling...matter of fact, for all of those traveling.
From reports a passenger across the aisle and in the window seat got up climbed over seats and people and "subdued" this vermin. Would have liked to see that.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Pretty scary stuff, I agree. My son was 17 when he was flying out of Ketchikan on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:49 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
I've gone through Amsterdam 4 or 5 times in the last year. Before you can get into the gate area, you have to basically interview at a podium with a TSA rep. It takes almost 2 hours to get the plane loaded as everyone has to go through this interview. And then you pass through another x-ray and metal detector. Depending on the product...it still would be easy to smuggle it on the plane if not metal etc.
And every time I'm headed for the US again...there are dozens of Arab,Iranian,Muslim looking folks wearing turbans or scarves over their faces. So I sit there on that plane...looking at and wondering...if this one or that one is some sort of terrorist in disguise, and I say a little prayer, Lord...not on this flight...just get me to the otherside.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I've gone through Amsterdam 4 or 5 times in the last year. Before you can get into the gate area, you have to basically interview at a podium with a TSA rep. It takes almost 2 hours to get the plane loaded as everyone has to go through this interview. And then you pass through another x-ray and metal detector. Depending on the product...it still would be easy to smuggle it on the plane if not metal etc.
And every time I'm headed for the US again...there are dozens of Arab,Iranian,Muslim looking folks wearing turbans or scarves over their faces. So I sit there on that plane...looking at and wondering...if this one or that one is some sort of terrorist in disguise, and I say a little prayer, Lord...not on this flight...just get me to the otherside.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I went to London via Amsterdam two years ago and I remember that interview. They look right in your eyes and ask those questions about packing and other issues. I was surprised that it is actually hard to look at someone in the eyes like that. And I remember those exact feelings you had as well.......

Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,365,059 times
[quote=Rance;12175266
So I sit there on that plane...looking at and wondering...if this one or that one is some sort of terrorist in disguise, and I say a little prayer, Lord...not on this flight...just get me to the otherside.[/quote]

I had a little bit of that same feeling when we had a layover in Minneapolis, knowing the news in the past about recent "cells" there.
It's crazy...........

Old 12-26-2009, 12:03 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
I haven't heard too much about the passengers that subdued the SOB...but I'd like to shake their hands!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:25 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
I read where the guy who subdued this SOB was sitting opposite to him and climbed over passengers to get to this guy. I say we give him a medal. What's very disturbing about this monster also is the fact that they have known for two years now that he has terrorist ties. Go figure. I never did like to fly but since 9/11 I get really nervous.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:26 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I haven't heard too much about the passengers that subdued the SOB...but I'd like to shake their hands!
He was on CNN a short while back, a Dutch guy. Here -

Jasper Schuringa Tackles Suspected Terrorist On Northwest Flight 253
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska