Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 08:12 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Could you post some of these sites?

Seems with all this documents, the National press who supports Obama would be running this up a flagpole to prove who he is... Just haven't seen it yet, so far, they just toast those who want to see the paperwork..

Just "Claiming" it is so on the web, don't make it so.
FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY, TAKE THIS CRAP TO THE POLICTICS FORUM! I quit going there to escape the insanity ! Don't pollute the Alaska forum with conspiracy shinola, PLEASE, I'm begging you!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:16 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY, TAKE THIS CRAP TO THE POLICTICS FORUM! I quit going there to escape the insanity ! Don't pollute the Alaska forum with conspiracy shinola, PLEASE, I'm begging you!!!
Well nobody is making you come here... if they are, report them...

Nobody made me go to the Anti Palin sites...

Guess it is kinda like wet paint, if the sign says "WET PAINT" people just have to touch it anyway...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Well nobody is making you come here... if they are, report them...

Nobody made me go to the Anti Palin sites...

Guess it is kinda like wet paint, if the sign says "WET PAINT" people just have to touch it anyway...
You're right. I formally bequeath this thread to the conspiracy theorist, the sky is falling, 'where's my tinfoil hat' nutjobs. Knock yourself out...

I'm outta here.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
You're right. I formally bequeath this thread to the conspiracy theorist, the sky is falling, 'where's my tinfoil hat' nutjobs. Knock yourself out...

I'm outta here.
Damn, that paint is still wet...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Is it a full moon?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Does it have to be around here?

Let's all try to set a precedent and see if we can have at least one political thread that doesn't hit the gutter within a matter of days.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Does it have to be around here?

Let's all try to set a precedent and see if we can have at least one political thread that doesn't hit the gutter within a matter of days.
Start one that is Alaska Politics that can have separate threads...

(Will be wet paint there too though...)

Old 01-25-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Start one that is Alaska Politics that can have separate threads...

(Will be wet paint there too though...)
Or...we can all act like the adults that we presumably are and have a discussion that doesn't involve ad hominem insults leveled at the "other side".

Old 01-25-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Unemployment is something you earn by paying for it each payday, if you are unemployed, it is suppose to do what you are using it for, help you get by until you get back on your feet.

Welfare on the other hand is a "Handout", it was designed to help those that fell though the cracks until they can get back on their feet, not like it is doing now with four or five generations of welfare Rats living off the rest of us that do work... There are some people that are in need of welfare, but the majority of them don't and are parasites to the system.

Even here in Alaska, there is a massive amount of folks that live off public assistance that could be out working. Yes there is some places that don't have work at this time and is seasonal, but when there is, they don't want to work.

In Nenana, the local shops can't get anyone to work, or if they do, they disappear after the first paycheck and that is it.

Almost all of the full time workers have come from someplace else to work here, even the seasonal workers are mainly from out of state.

Don't know if that is a problem nationwide, but here in Alaska it is.

Claiming the Republicans won't give you an extension and the Democrats do, is wrong, both parties in power have given extentions. Either get out and get a job under your timeline, create one, or move to where there is work.

Basically, life isn't fair, don't wait to someone else to fix your problems, buck up and take care of yourself if in fact you are healthy and able.
There is some of that on POW, but realistically, how are we supposed to expect people to exist on minimum wage type jobs? I guess it's better than no job at all, but for instance...how can we expect someone who's barely scraping by on unemployment to go to work for nothing wages and not be able to scrape by at all? Some of the available jobs will barely pay fuel bills.

The seasonal thing as far as I'm concerned is a win/win for both sides. People get to see Alaska and make money for college or to supplement their retirement or just otherwise have an adventure, and businesses located in areas that don't have an adequate supply of local workers get access to qualified employees.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,995 times
Quote:
Could you post some of these sites?

Seems with all this documents, the National press who supports Obama would be running this up a flagpole to prove who he is... Just haven't seen it yet, so far, they just toast those who want to see the paperwork..

Just "Claiming" it is so on the web, don't make it so.

Here is a site that is a bit different than your claims, and there are thousands of such places...

Holiday for Obama birth?
Here it is:

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

I've been reading your posts ever since I showed up on Alaska CD, and I'd have a hard time finding a person who makes more baseless assertions than you, Starlite9. I could spend hours on end poking holes in things you say, but it's not worth my time.

It's already been proven that Obama is a legal citizen. All of the information has been presented to all of the right people, and that's it. There is no issue, except for a handful of crazies perpetuating a myth. Even the Repubs dismiss the "birthers" as nut cases. That should tell you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska