Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:13 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,612,146 times

Advertisements

I noticed some dog parks listed in the ABQ area, and it appears that some restaurants allow dogs (outside patio). Has anyone here visited the dog parks? Are they nice? Would you consider ABQ to be dog-friendly? I must admit, I have seen more rentals that DO allow pets than don't, and that's always a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,487,117 times
Default official vs. unofficial

ABQ has several "official" dog parks, where off-leash play is both legal and normal. It also has several "unofficial" dog parks where off-leash dogs are normal except when the Animal Control guys come around. The offical one at Bullhead park has some good shade and quite a bit of space, but believe it or not I've been vigorously attacked by mosquitos there more than once (no idea where they're coming from, the area is almost bone-dry). The offical dog park just S. and adjascent to the I-40 corridor E. of San Mateo? is hard to find and was covered with goathead stickers the last time we went there, very hard on dogs feet. The official dog park down by the Rio Grande Park area is small and basically just dirt, and seems to attract people with big, aggressive dogs that they have no interest in controlling. If you're interested in the "unofficial" dog parks, PM me.

BTW, liked your idea about the green chili "crust" for quiche, gotta try that one some day.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Thanks rotorhead! My friend who lives there takes her dog to Rinconda or something like that, she didn't realize there were dog parks in ABQ. Afraid I can't take credit for the chili quiche crust - idea came from a recipe in a lower carb cookbook.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:26 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,487,117 times
Default why Yukon?

So...why Yukon? You from the territories?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Nope, it was my dog's name. He was a really cool American Eskimo, Yukon Cornelius (after the prospector in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer). Although....maybe I should put Alaska on my list to consider for relocation....

There's a link on the pet board that takes you to a site with a wealth of pet info by city. If I remember correctly, there are even some restaurants in the ABQ area that allow pets, and a few businesses too (besides the usual PetsMart, etc.)

Old 07-04-2007, 04:31 PM

86 posts, read 292,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post

There's a link on the pet board that takes you to a site with a wealth of pet info by city.
Yukon...
how do I find that wealth of pet info?
Thanks
Angie

Old 07-04-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie&Bill View Post
Yukon...
how do I find that wealth of pet info?
Thanks
Angie

Here's the link I was referencing earlier:

DogFriendly.com(TM) - Pet Travel Guides and City Guides for Dog/Pet Owners

If you haven't found it yet, there's a pretty active pet forum on this site. Click on the "City-Data Forum" link, then scroll down past all the state forums and the world forums, to the General Forums. You'll see the Pet Forum in the middle.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 42,933 times
Hi - new to forum, new to Alb. Here with my 10 year old Westie, Piper the Dog of Love.... Looking for a good, preferably "alternative" Vet. Anybody got a Vet recommendation? Thanks...Blythe

Old 07-04-2007, 09:02 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
My wife takes one of our mutts to a Rio Rancho kennel to get his hair done and have a doggie play day. He even gets a report card when he leaves :rollseyes:

Old 07-04-2007, 10:44 PM

If only one mutt gets to go, are the other ones jealous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque