Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 AM

152 posts, read 319,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
I am a fan of Nicky V's on Coors NW.

Nicky V's Neighborhood Pizzeria

They have some pretty tasty specialty pizzas and they use local products & organic as much as possible.
I've been meaning to try this place. I go past it a lot, and I've always thought it looks like a nice restaurant. I'm glad to get a good recommendation for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 08:10 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan M View Post
I've been meaning to try this place. I go past it a lot, and I've always thought it looks like a nice restaurant. I'm glad to get a good recommendation for it!
It was a good pizza place two times before, had met some of the staff and took pictures... They both went out of business... I wonder if I carry a curse, or maybe my camera has a curse.

But from everyone I've heard speak of the place, they all say it is a good place.

Rich

Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM

923 posts, read 2,419,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan M View Post
Their New Mexican pizza with fire-roasted green chile is fantastic!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:27 PM

14 posts, read 23,387 times
My grandfather used to own a place in the 70s so I have Green Chile and Marinara in my blood. I've loved Dions for years but over the past year or two my wife and I have been underwhelmed. We love Pizza 9 for delivery and Il Vicino and Farina for something more....formal?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:17 PM

29 posts, read 58,582 times
It seems like nearly every pizza place in or around Albuquerque has been mentioned. I've lived here 5 years and have yet to find the real Chicago style pizza - thin crust(not paper thin like Il Vicino or such), great sauce, actual pieces of italian sausage on top, the right mozzarella and cut in squares, not that overhyped deep dish crap. I've tried alot here and the only one that comes close is Golden Crown Panaderia. A nationally known bread company that also makes great pizza.

To each his or her own, but in my opinion:
Giovanni's - good, if you want that NY limp stuff.
Saggio's - it'll do in a pinch
Pizza 9 - sucks. does not rep Chicago well, at all
Dion's - blech
Pizza Kastle - not bad
Village Pizza - pretty good, really.
Mario's - (see Giovanni's answer)
El Vicino - it's okay. what's with the pine nuts?
Farina - kind of a cool place. pizza's not bad
etc. etc.

Again, each to his or her own, but there is nothing quite like Chicago thin crust pizza.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 PM

96 posts, read 289,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor69 View Post
It seems like nearly every pizza place in or around Albuquerque has been mentioned. I've lived here 5 years and have yet to find the real Chicago style pizza - thin crust(not paper thin like Il Vicino or such), great sauce, actual pieces of italian sausage on top, the right mozzarella and cut in squares, not that overhyped deep dish crap. I've tried alot here and the only one that comes close is Golden Crown Panaderia. A nationally known bread company that also makes great pizza.
I would recommend giving Luigis on north 4th St. a try. (Across the street from Sadies) They have the best homemade Italian sausage in town in my opinion. Their pizzas are also super tasty--especially if you like Golden Crown Panaderia. You can get pizza with the buffet or get a whole pie for dine in or carry out. This place has good home style Italian. If I lived in the North Valley I would definitely be a regular.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
We use to go to Luigis years ago... Good Italian Restaurant.

Rich

Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 AM

29 posts, read 58,582 times
Thanks for the tips on Luigi's, guys. I will definitely give them a try! I'm sure I have driven by that place, but just forgot about it.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:40 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
JC's NYPD----

JC's New York Pizza Department - JC's NYPD - Albuquerque Pizza Albuquerque - Dine In - Take Out - Delivery

I go there weekly.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post

Didn't the Nicky V's location used to be a JC's NYPD?? That location ended up closing and then Nicky V's opened in that same spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque