Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 AM

106 posts, read 309,559 times

Advertisements

Well, bought a plane ticket to Denver in a few weeks. Going to check out the place. Thanks people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,094 times
Default Abq Weather

Hi moved to Abq from Atlantic City, NJ in April 2012 And love it here. No humidity compared to east coast ang last winter was mild. I have a bad back - 5 surguries - and I fell a lot better with it being drier here. City is clean compared to back east. If you move here I hope you have a girlfriend or wife or boyfriend or husband because there is a lot of ugly people here otherwise very nice place to live Crime rate is low. Check it out you will like it

Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,629,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelo4u2 View Post
Hi moved to Abq from Atlantic City, NJ in April 2012 And love it here. No humidity compared to east coast ang last winter was mild. I have a bad back - 5 surguries - and I fell a lot better with it being drier here. City is clean compared to back east. If you move here I hope you have a girlfriend or wife or boyfriend or husband because there is a lot of ugly people here otherwise very nice place to live Crime rate is low. Check it out you will like it
Ah, so were pretty great overall, but ugly here, huh?

Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,186,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Ah, so were pretty great overall, but ugly here, huh?
Speaking as a native, there are a lot of 1's, 2's, and 3's around here (men as well as women), and while there are 9's and 10's too, the proportions here are decidedly on the lower end versus other parts of the country.

It could be as simple as less pervasive plastic surgery and less societal pressure to dress nicely and impress your neighbors.

New Mexicans are also culturally very conservative when it comes to showing off skin- travel to LA or even Houston and people will wear half as much clothing for identical weather conditions. Dressing conservatively takes off two points by itself.

I'd much rather strike up a conversation with a genuine and distinguished 3 than a shallow and vapid 9, anyway, so suits me fine here.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:44 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,707,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoran View Post
Well, bought a plane ticket to Denver in a few weeks. Going to check out the place. Thanks people
You'll love it

Old 09-07-2013, 11:57 AM

696 posts, read 1,171,052 times
Albuquerque = San Diego's weather with an added bonus of a mild Fall and mild Winter ( if you enjoy 4 seasons )

Plus you get the additional benefit of the smell of green chili in the fall !

Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 AM

115 posts, read 158,327 times
CBUS - Under 1000 ft largely puts you in Hawaii/California near the coast line. If you go up to 1500 to 1700 feet you'd have Spokane, WA which nails your other criteria perfectly and is far far cheaper for living than the other two states. There might be something on the Eastern coast, but I'm not familiar enough with the cloudy % figures for those states.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:47 PM

923 posts, read 2,420,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Albuquerque = San Diego's weather with an added bonus of a mild Fall and mild Winter ( if you enjoy 4 seasons )

Plus you get the additional benefit of the smell of green chili in the fall !
I don't equate ABQ's weather to San Diego. San Diego is much cooler in the summer (average temps are in the mid to uppper 70s) and much warmer in the winter. The mornings in the summer (at least the times I've been there) are grey and cloudy until the sun burns off the clouds, so no sunshine until 10:30-11:00am. Winters are very mild with highs in the mid sixties. The nighttime winter lows rarely get below 50 compared to Albuquerque where our lows are in the teens and 20s. Freezing temps do not exist in San Diego, or are extremely rare.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:51 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,344,334 times
Hawaii? Not even close! Maybe that was a leetle joke. Reno is one of the coldest cities I've ever lived in during the winters. Actually, it was the winters that drove me out of Albuq. No, they aren't that bad if you're used to cold, but I don't do well in it. We tried Las Cruces, but it was quite a bit hotter, and the winters were no joke either. I was unable to finish the deck on our home for the new owners when we left because everything was frozen solid (mid Dec). Santa Fe is cooler in the summer, and colder in the winter. In my experience of living all over the country, Albuq weather is hard to duplicate. I remember my first day there....I was standing on the side of the road waiting on a bus, it was sunny and warm, and it suddenly started to hail. Weird. Maybe El Paso is close, but that is not a city I would recommend living in.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:41 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,779,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
In my experience of living all over the country, Albuq weather is hard to duplicate. I remember my first day there....I was standing on the side of the road waiting on a bus, it was sunny and warm, and it suddenly started to hail.
We get hail in Albuquerque and other parts of New Mexico. Have seen it at White Sands with 100 degree temperatures and as far south as El Paso...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque