Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 04:44 PM

10,766 posts, read 23,883,884 times

Advertisements

Right now its Saturday afternoon, it's cloudy out and I'm pretty content. The year round climate here is fantastic and this is the best four season climate imaginable to me. I rarely if ever get grouchy about the weather in Albuquerque like I did in Boston and Seattle. This is my fourth spring in Albuquerque. Based on my experience of past spring seasons and early summer I had it in my mind those 80 degree days back in mid-April we had (before the rain) pretty much meant it was shorts and t-shirt weather all the way to Balloon Fiesta at least. But then May came around. This year was different.

The rain showers and cloudy days we've been getting remind me of when I lived in Seattle. Though the clouds aren't really bothering me as much as when I lived there. Around here, you know the sun will be back in short time. But with these cloudy afternoons and light rain showers are greening up Albuquerque nicely. The trees look fuller, I notice more birds around (love these hummingbirds in my yard), and even when I drive to work leaving my home in the heights, I look toward the west mesa escapement on the horizon with the morning light and there are subtle hues of green with the grass sprouting up over there. This is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 05:45 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,632,368 times
I won't complain about the rain, it's a desert and I know we need it.

But I don't have to like the clouds and missing sunshine

Old 06-06-2015, 06:47 PM

10,766 posts, read 23,883,884 times
Well two hours since I've typed this and the sun is back out now, so there you go.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 PM

887 posts, read 1,218,896 times
It would be selfish of me to complain about the coolest , wettest May trip I have had in about 14 years.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:11 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,969,064 times
Yes, At some level I was disappointed in May because despite the wind it's one of my favorite months. Often sunny and allowing tshirts and shorts.
But, yes, look around. The desert has a green patina to it it, there are wildflowers blooming all over, the roadsides are edged with beautiful natural grasses. Everything looks better and that's because of the rains. So it's been good.

And nice to start off June without those high 90s temperatures of last several Junes.
I agree ABQ has the best climate of all, something of a secret. I laugh at all those Sunbelt migrants to FL and AZ. They are quick to jump from the refrigerator into the frying pan. I mean, AZ with a good climate?/!!! Ha, live there one full summer and find out.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:20 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,453,069 times
I love the moist spring and cloudy weather in ABQ this year. As I posted in another thread, the fire danger is now "low" in the Sandias (when was the last time we saw that this time of year?). As an Eastern transplant I get tired of all sunshine. But I was in the Great Lakes region a few weeks ago and experienced the oppressive soupy haze which I don't miss and we rarely if ever get in ABQ. So even if it is cloudy here and it drizzles, it is never as depressing as that thick, muggy haze back east which looks like smog and makes me feel like I can't breathe. On I-25 to Santa Fe I am seeing green areas that have been brown for years. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:39 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,854,150 times
Little muggy and 10 seconds of rain, thunder in the background, weather alerts far away from me.

Hummmm... I'll stay.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:13 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,287,352 times
Viva El Niño! I'm loving the weather this year.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:36 PM

963 posts, read 2,304,774 times
Old Town has been especially beautiful this year with the hollyhocks blooming in abundance due to the generous rains we've enjoyed this year. I'll gladly put up with a little extra humidity to see a nice natural green carpet in ABQ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque