Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:01 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyinSeattle View Post
I wish there was some control over where RVs, boats, and big rigs are parked. Some folks with smaller lots tend to wedge an RV in front of the house blocking most of their road frontage. It's a bit obnoxious.
In 2008 the Rio Rancho City Council voted unanimously to adopt an amended ordinance that allows truckers to park their rigs behind their houses if there is room, build walls or use landscaping to hide their trucks. Privately owned vehicles were not affected.

Here is an article which gives some good background:
News : Truck parking ordinance stalled again - Rio Rancho Observer (http://www.observer-online.com/articles/2007/11/30/news/news1.txt - broken link)

It is an issue which comes up periodically.

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 05:55 PM

8 posts, read 27,991 times
I have to admit, in my neighborhood, the bulk of the offending vehicles are RVs and travel trailers (which never seem to get any use). The few truckers in the area seem to abide by the ordinance for the most part.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyinSeattle View Post
I have to admit, in my neighborhood, the bulk of the offending vehicles are RVs and travel trailers (which never seem to get any use).
I do not have either but have been considering buying one or both for 20+ years. I would never really get full use, and I have borrowed from the family in the past.

Rich

Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 AM

58 posts, read 181,313 times
I used to think I would never enjoy living in a HOA community, however have now changed how I feel based on where I live (Loma Colorado subdivsion). The HOA is quite lengthy in rules, but after reviewing them thoroughly prior to signing a contract (as I would expect anyone to do, so I don't get people who complain about their HOA rules, if they read them and didn't like them then don't move there), I didn't see anything that would affect the way I want to live and keep my property. And never having to worry about a neighbor parking a 30ft RV next to my house is a good thing.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,889 times
I have to agree about the RV thing.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 AM

12 posts, read 24,279 times
Default elementary schools in RR

Hello! I'm new to this forum but I read everything I can find about RR since I consider moving my family with 2 school age kids there next year. This post is a bit old but I'd like to get some feedback on music programs in pre-schools / elementary schools. I live in NJ and I teach my own music enrichment program on pull-out basis in couple of local pre-schools. I would love to have such an opportunity in RR but have no idea if there would be any interest among school directors / parents. Can anyone here address my concerns? Thank you for any information. Monika

Old 03-19-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikafromPL View Post
elementary schools in RR

Hello! I'm new to this forum but I read everything I can find about RR since I consider moving my family with 2 school age kids there next year. This post is a bit old but I'd like to get some feedback on music programs in pre-schools / elementary schools. I live in NJ and I teach my own music enrichment program on pull-out basis in couple of local pre-schools. I would love to have such an opportunity in RR but have no idea if there would be any interest among school directors / parents. Can anyone here address my concerns? Thank you for any information. Monika
Monica, Welcome to City-Data!

We have lived in Rio Rancho for about eleven years. We have had children and grand children attend all the grades and one in college in Rio Rancho, but I really do not have a specific answer to your question.

You might consult the Rio Rancho Public Schools web site. There is a wealth of knowledge there: Welcome to Rio Rancho Public Schools!

The city of Rio Rancho also has several recreation and community centers which have some music activities for the children: This city web page can help you: The Official Site of Rio Rancho, NM - Community Centers, Rec. Centers and Parks

The Rio Rancho Public Library’s has a variety of children programs such as:
Quote:
Jiggle and Jam
Mondays, 10:30 a.m.
March 7 - March 28
Loma Colorado Main Library
A music and movement program for kids up to age 5 and their parents and caregivers. Use simple instruments, play with a parachute, and shake those sillies out!
You can get more information at this web page: The Official Site of Rio Rancho, NM - Kids&#39 Programs

Rich

Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,307,212 times
For me, Rio Rancho is a nice place with a new city feel.

But I don't know how y'all out on the west mesa deal with the dirt storms like today.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:06 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
For me, Rio Rancho is a nice place with a new city feel.

But I don't know how y'all out on the west mesa deal with the dirt storms like today.
Same way that you deal with it in ABQ.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:41 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,628,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Same way that you deal with it in ABQ.
To be fair, the dust and dirt issue on windy days is worse in the newer or developing areas of the Westside. The reason being there is a lot of bare and freshly moved ground that can be disturbed by the wind. You're right in that parts of Albuquerque have to deal with this too. I have firsthand experience with sand storms in the Central and 98th St. area, for instance. I've also seen stories about people in the northwest part of Albuquerque complaining about developers not doing more to keep the wind from blowing away the top soil off newly graded subdivision lots. Therefore, don't you think this is less of an issue in the more established areas of Albuquerque, and even some parts of Rio Rancho, especially those where you'll see more grass and hedges than bare dirt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque