Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:26 PM

14 posts, read 57,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
That wasn't being snappy. It was being direct.

Now, that's being snappy.

You originally posted here looking for advice.

You are not directed to the [Search] function idly.
We are familiar with the forum and the history of posts
here and trying to direct you to the best way to get information.

We also know that people who get irate about suggestions
and who warn people not to instruct them or do certain things
generally get ignored and don't get much help after that.

People with a good sense of humor get lots of help.
Who's irate? Anyway, I am not here to argue and go back and forth with anyone. I just wanted some advice. I took your suggestion and have been using the SEARCH tool to dig up all kinds of helpful stuff. Thank you to all that have contributed.

I do have another question. I have been doing some research on Rio Rancho. I've seen a few apartments/duplexes there that seem to be reasonable, and look pretty nice. However, on a few others sites, some areas have been referred to as the 'Slums' of Rio Rancho, and meth and gang infested. Can anyone tell me which areas in RR that I should avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 04:29 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
Haven't run into any 'slums' in RR. Run down mobile homes, yes.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:18 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETARIES View Post
Can anyone tell me which areas in RR that I should avoid?
Can't say I enjoy the housing on the Northern side of Southern Blvd (on your way to Puerco).

Old 11-28-2009, 01:56 PM

281 posts, read 629,318 times
Default The slums of RR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Haven't run into any 'slums' in RR. Run down mobile homes, yes.
There's a couple... I'd site the Unser/5th neighborhoods... they're not slums like I knew in Houston or I read about in Detroit, but I'd lump them in the 'slum' category.

-Z

Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandyman View Post
There's a couple... I'd site the Unser/5th neighborhoods... they're not slums like I knew in Houston or I read about in Detroit, but I'd lump them in the 'slum' category.

-Z

That's Unser SE and 5th SE? I'll check it out.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 AM

1 posts, read 990 times
Yukon, I moved to Albuquerque May 3, 2008 and am currently living off Constitution and Chelwood Park in a Quadplex and paying $550 for this place and am looking to move into a similar rental (but larger) situation and am having a hard time finding one. Can you email me back at

thundrblt@gmail.com

if you have any sugestions
thank you
thundrblt
Tina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque