Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,581 times

Advertisements

hi Fran,
I saw the post you put regarding getting an apt in albuquerque that would allow convicted felons. I sent you a friend request, as i'm needing the same. My son is disabled and has felony nothing violent, is trying to get his life back on track. We are having a difficult time finding a home to rent. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email address is nativechoctaw57@gmail.com. Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 10:18 PM

142 posts, read 252,646 times
A lot of the big complexes have those types of rules (obviously to cut down on possibility of theft/burglaries). But given the expansive criminal community in Albuquerque, I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of places that will overlook your uncle's past.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,313 times
My husband and I just moved to ABQ with our young child and he has a felony conviction drug related we are looking for an a nice apartment. Does anyone know if the information in this post is still accurate as I see most of these posts are from 2012? Thank you.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:10 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,656 times
Remember, a felon is just someone that got CAUGHT. Most politicians certainly fit this category, but their money and good lawyers keep them out on the streets. And in office forever, and ever, and ever it seems.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:05 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Remember, a felon is just someone that got CAUGHT. Most politicians certainly fit this category, but their money and good lawyers keep them out on the streets. And in office forever, and ever, and ever it seems.
Actually, a person convicted in a court of law of a felony crime is known as a felon.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,055 times
Default try t & c management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoko420 View Post
Hi, my man and I were trying to get an apartment together (preferabley in the general area of Juan Tabo and Lomas), we've been looking but can't find any place that would allow him because of his past felonies (they're not violent or sex crimes). Is is possible for us to get an appartment in albuquerque that's not in totally bad area? we have a young child and need a decent place to live. What should I do?
T & C Management rents to felons as long as the felon has a case manager. if your man doesn't have a P.O. or case management in place, he can go to Open Skies Healthcare or Albuquerque Healthcare for the Homeless Social Services Office on Broadway and Mountain. These places offer case management services.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-29-2018, 02:52 PM

7 posts, read 11,401 times
Default 2018 anyone?

Does anyone have new information..these threads are kind of outdated.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:29 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,180,690 times
Not a whole lot has changed.

For housing, stay away from corporate-managed places and go for mom and pop landlords. Some (probably not very bright) will not bother with a background check.

This may take the form of a trailer or a freestanding house instead of an apartment in a larger building.

NM is chock-full of felons and very few of them are homeless. This'll just require you to work twice as hard as your counterpart with the luckier past.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:53 PM

292 posts, read 725,118 times
I can state from my own experience in owning and renting a place in Albuquerque that what the state classifies as a 'non violent' felon is eligible for renting a place. Of course if they don't follow the rules the owner/agency can use their discretion in kicking them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque