Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times

Advertisements

Yeah I'm in the same situation...have been off and on... I really don't *want* to go drinking though...but I do like going out and socializing...people just seem to look at you weird :/ I'm also vegan so that already gets enough questions... all my friends stuff revolves around drinking, it sux. I'm more sociable when I'm NOT drunk, drinking just makes me kina tired and dazed... and can't come up with good stuff to say. I also don't like caffeine... so that leaves out most of the sodas... I just get water with a lime in it. :/
I have never dated a girl I met in a bar either, so can't really say I am there for that, the bar scene is just a general catalyst for socializing, really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
I don't drink and I used to frequent clubs when I first started working in the entertainment biz. I always had cranberry & 7up, no one ever knew I wasn't drinking an alcoholic beverage, except me and the bartenders, oh and my bosses

Old 11-30-2007, 06:29 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,884 times
I don't drink alcohol and I still go out to bars sometimes. When I go out I just have a soda. I really don't care what anyone thinks of it.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,995 times
When I was out partying, there was a group of us that partied hard and about half of us were non drinkers and as the night wore on, they got just as roudy and had just as much fun as the drinkers. I moved away and quit going out and I NEVER drank until the band started and stoped when the band quit, no bands are at my house so I don't drink anymore.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
To the OP, see my post in the "Your last hangover" thread.

I would be one who can go to a bar and not drink alcohol.

For the most part, most of you wussies don't know what drinking is. You might as well be sucking on tootie-fruity-Schnapps Lollypops.

And the prices these days! It looks like it'd be cheaper to just do drugs.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM

302 posts, read 922,265 times
I'm the eternal designated driver, it seems, which I do not mind because I've never really been a drinker. virgin-drinks taste just as good, if you ask me. And of course there's always water.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
I didn't realize there were so many teetotallers and moderate drinkers out there.

Men and women drink (alcohol) essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. I know some bars where the club soda drinker wouldn't be so comfortable.

Some men and women hang out at bars because they like how other people act when they've had some alcohol. True statement or not?

Old 12-05-2007, 10:56 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I didn't realize there were so many teetotallers and moderate drinkers out there.

Men and women drink (alcohol) essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. I know some bars where the club soda drinker wouldn't be so comfortable.

Some men and women hang out at bars because they like how other people act when they've had some alcohol. True statement or not?
I drink at a bar because I enjoy drinking wine or beer or a mixed drink. I rarely get "drunk" anymore, but I do enjoy the taste and I do enjoy relaxing and socializing with my friends and neighbors.

And actually, I usually get quite annoyed with I am around people who have had a lot to drink and I am sober. They just seem loud and obnoxious a lot of the time.....if I were sober I would not hang out at a bar, but that is just me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages