Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 08:13 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,893 times

Advertisements

I am drinking a Lagunitas Little Supmin' Wild and it is fantastic. Had one outside by a fire with my wife after a nice rib eye and asparagus supper. Now I'm having another as we prepare to watch Breaking Bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM

74,155 posts, read 1,836,662 times
My favorite is free beer, just kidding, Coors is what I drink most of the time.
Right now I am trying a Redds Apple Ale, not sure about it.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,989 times
I only drink lager. I'll have an ale now and then but I prefer the crispness of a lager. When I'm traveling outside of the country I'll always drink the local lager. But the lagers in the USA are horrendous. The big ones anyway, and that's what's mostly on tap at bars and pubs.

anyone have a good American lager to recommend?

Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,251,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
I only drink lager. I'll have an ale now and then but I prefer the crispness of a lager. When I'm traveling outside of the country I'll always drink the local lager. But the lagers in the USA are horrendous. The big ones anyway, and that's what's mostly on tap at bars and pubs.

Batch 19

Old 10-03-2013, 09:04 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,805,277 times
Favorites

Erdinger weissbier (dunkel)
Guiness
Newcastle brown ale
Staropramen
Zlatopramen
Spaten
Hoegaarden
Murphys irish stout
Chimay (péres trappistes)

Least favorites
Pripps blĂĄ
Budweiser
Mariestads pilsner

Old 10-03-2013, 09:10 AM

304 posts, read 1,019,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
Not sure if they distribute to IL but Oregon's Full Sail Brewery makes a pretty good and not too pricey lager called Session.

Full Sail Session | Premium American Lager

They come in little 11 oz. stubby bottles (looks like Red Stripe but NOT an "island lager" taste thankfully), nice refreshing year-round beer.

In the cooler months, I like to get their Black Lager.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
With very few exceptions, I'm not a fan at all of over-hopped IPAs. IMHO, it's a trend that I hope goes away soon. It reminds me of the hot pepper sauce thing where all the focus is on one aspect of the product (well, two aspects if you count silly names), not an enjoyable balance.

One I do like is Lagunitas.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:33 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,041 times
Anyone try the PumpKING beer? I think it's by weyerbacher.... It's extremely good... not like your typical fall pumpkin beers!!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM

304 posts, read 1,019,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Anyone try the PumpKING beer? I think it's by weyerbacher.... It's extremely good... not like your typical fall pumpkin beers!!
Hmmm..."not like your typical fall pumpkin beers"...I think that is certainly a good thing since I think most of them taste like artificial extract. I'll have to try!

Speaking of pumpkin beers, Alewerks down in Williamsburg, VA makes a great "pumpkin" ale. I used quotes because after talking to their brewers I found out that they actually use roasted butternut squash to give it its unique flavor...mum's the word as they told me not to tell! haha.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,420 times
Favorites:

Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout, Gumballhead, Pride and Joy, Arctic Panzer Wolf, Zombie Dust, Dreadnaught
Short's Brew Huma Lupa Licious
Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Third Coast Ale, Oberon
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Modelo Especial
Wells and Young Banana Bread Beer
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye

Least favorites:

Coor's
Heineken
Miller
Bud Lite Lime
Stella Artois (tastes like a swamp smells)
Blue Moon (cloying)
all fall/winter spiced beers that taste like potpourri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages