Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 02:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I drink a variety. The fruity craft beers are not something I'm interested in. I like ipas and stoudts. I'll also drink pBR.
I'm down with that - totally agree.

Fruit (and spices) should be a side dish for breakfast, not something you put into a beer. Blech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 02:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxis View Post
I'm not too picky about beer but I do enjoy good craft beers, IPA's, scotch ale's for example, so that's what I usually drink.
However, does anyone else mix in a Budweiser/Busch/Keystone or some other watered down beer just for old times sake?
If I'm at my rural hometown festival, hanging out at the beer garden, chatting with old friends from high school, the kegs getting tapped are likely to be Miller Lite, Bud Lite, MGD, Coors, and maybe some non-beer like a Mike's Hard Lemonade for the nonbeer crowd. I'll drink any of that...it's a hot summer night in a beer garden, and if it's cold and wet, I'm gonna go with it.

Other contexts, eh...

Old 07-24-2019, 09:35 AM

747 posts, read 840,018 times
Millennial here that is craft beered out. Sure I'll have a good porter or stout a few times a year, otherwise just give me a good lager.

And some of the types of beer you see in a bar these days are a bit ridiculous (chocolate stout, grapefruit IPA, blueberry this or that). Any brewer that makes stuff like that loses all credibility with me.

On another note, what's up with the civil war look that 9 out of 10 bartenders have these days?

Old 07-24-2019, 10:11 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If I'm at my rural hometown festival, hanging out at the beer garden, chatting with old friends from high school, the kegs getting tapped are likely to be Miller Lite, Bud Lite, MGD, Coors, and maybe some non-beer like a Mike's Hard Lemonade for the nonbeer crowd. I'll drink any of that...it's a hot summer night in a beer garden, and if it's cold and wet, I'm gonna go with it.

Other contexts, eh...
I think there is a much more geographic aspect to beer preference than age. Here none of those beers you mentioned would sell well. The beer selection at the supermarket is an entire length of an isle, there are so many different craft beers. There is a full range of flavors, IBU and ABV. At the more popular restaurants with Millennials the beer lists looks like this (from restaurants called The Ram, The Rock, and BJ's in the Seattle area):

Big Horn Hefeweizen
Buttface Amber Ale (my favorite)
Big Red's India Pale Ale
Total Disorder American Porter
Hometown Blonde Ale
Suicide Blonde
Rock Steady Red
Jump'n Jack Black
Wild Thing
Sledge Hammer IPA
A Tripel IPA
Zany Zitrus Hazy IPA
Casa de Cerveza Mexican-style Pilsner
Lightswitch Lager
Brewhouse Blonde

Harvest Hefeweizen
Piranha Pale Ale
Hopstorm IPA
Committed Double IPA
Oasis Amber
Jeremiah Red
PM Porter

Old 10-02-2020, 02:01 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Not in my state. I enjoy craft beer. IPAs and Hazy IPAs (New England style), stouts, porters, and sours.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:38 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,859 times
Remember when you use to go to a bar and the only thing they had on tap was like - Heineken, Bud, Coors Light, Guinness.....lol And what happened to those other beers? Amstel Light, Becks.........What else?

Geez how things have changed.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:34 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Remember when you use to go to a bar and the only thing they had on tap was like - Heineken, Bud, Coors Light, Guinness.....lol And what happened to those other beers? Amstel Light, Becks.........What else?

The only thing I really miss out of the mass market beers is Michelob original. That’s somewhere between mass market and a better lager. It is still available, but it’s really hard to find.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:04 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post

LOL all of those beers taste like watered down crap now. Except for Guinness, but there's so many other choices before I would drink it.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:09 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
LOL all of those beers taste like watered down crap now. Except for Guinness, but there's so many other choices before I would drink it.
I drink Guinness occasionally on days where I wasn't intending to drink...at 4.2%, it's just a bit over half the strength of my go-to IPAs (I find 7-7.5% to be my sweet spot)

Old 10-15-2020, 06:31 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
My husband drank Guinness in Ireland and he said it was so smooth and creamy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages