Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Tell us about your favorite beers.

Don't limit it to what we can find here. And descriptions about the taste, where you found it, etc would be most welcomed!

Boulevard Pale Ale, from Boulevard Brewing Co in Kansas City

Some of my friends own the brewery. Just a very different beer.

Refreshing, clean, a bit citrusy . . . have never had anything quite like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 05:41 PM

55 posts, read 211,100 times
Blue Moon goes down nice and smooth on a hot day.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:42 PM

367 posts, read 1,029,499 times
Ani, living in Portland Oregon for 10 years we got spoiled. There were MICRO breweries on every corner. Bend Oregon has some nice beers. Black Butte Porter comes to mind. It is a Porter which is a very dark beer, similar to Stout. I will alway love GUINESS, its an aquired taste.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,530 times
Hoegarten (I know the spelling is way off, but this is the phonics version of the beer)

Old 04-29-2008, 06:04 PM

219 posts, read 588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfast View Post
Blue Moon goes down nice and smooth on a hot day.

Blue Moon...man I aint had one of those in awhile. Great beer!

I will make my short list....

1) Landshark - my fav...great beach beer. Smooth and crisp! Can be found all over florida

2) Samuel Adams double bock - great beer with a steak! Easy to find

3) Wisconsin Amber - a little bitter but a real solid taste (Milwaukee - which is algonquin for "the good land" )

4) Dos Equis - GREAT MEXICAN BEER

5)Spotted Cow - a cloudy ale, great full taste! Also got it in Milwaukee

6) Labatt (NOT the american version) great canadian beer! Ontario

I know that these are mostly main stream, but they are great beers. I do love micro but usually don't remember the names of them...sorry. But I will certainly be making a list from this thread to try some new ones!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 PM

21 posts, read 113,865 times
Man I love a good micro/craft brew. So much so I started trying to make my own at home! There seems like a much greater selection here compared to my home state of florida. My favorite premium is probably Boddington pub ale - great creamy honey ale which is great on tap but just as great out of the can thanks to the "widget" (like gunniess cans)

Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,466,370 times
It's hard to beat Sam Adams! Especially the White Ale that's out right now for spring time. mmmmm mmmmm.

The best micro brew I've had that really stands out to me is Port Townsend Extra Stout. It's available only in the Port Townsend (Olympics) area of WA...although, I was able to find it on Whidbey Island one time. Good stuff. It'll put hair on yer chest for sure!

I've been meaning to hit the Flying Saucer here in town. A friend of mine says it's one of the greatest beer places around! The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com

Old 04-29-2008, 06:35 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,682,050 times
Beer...love it.
Stella Artois, Capitol Brewery's (WI) Mai Bock, New Belgium's (CO) Fat Tire. Also WI's Spotted Cow, but only in a bottle. The kegs always seem a little off. Great thread, Ani! Makes me thirsty.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:39 PM

219 posts, read 588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
It's hard to beat Sam Adams! Especially the White Ale that's out right now for spring time. mmmmm mmmmm.

The best micro brew I've had that really stands out to me is Port Townsend Extra Stout. It's available only in the Port Townsend (Olympics) area of WA...although, I was able to find it on Whidbey Island one time. Good stuff. It'll put hair on yer chest for sure!

I've been meaning to hit the Flying Saucer here in town. A friend of mine says it's one of the greatest beer places around! The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com

Thanks for the info on a place to go! I am always up for trying a great beer bar! Maybe I'll c ya there. I got first round!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Ooooh, this is a terrific list you guys are putting together! Keep 'em coming - I am writing them down. I want to impress my DH and sons, LOL. Cool Momma!!!

SStarx . . . I know what you mean about microbrews. We had some in KCMO and in surrounding towns (Lawrence, KS - home of KU, for ex). We used to enjoy trying different brews and checking out the breweries themselves. A lot of fun for get togethers w/ friends, as well.

I wish we could get more breweries going here in NC. I keep begging for newcomers to head to CLT and start a brewery!!!

As for all time brews, I love my Guinness . . . but talk about calories! LOL!!!

Last edited by brokensky; 04-29-2008 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages