Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:03 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,776,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The Pfizer vaccine triggered bad arrhythmia for weeks, but not sure that is an allergic reaction, or just a
“reaction.” Never reacted to any other vaccine before.
Cardiologist said he is seeing that happen often now.
That's one of the reasons my docs are not recommending it for me . . . I already have an arrhythmia, not to mention all my drug allergies, anaphylaxis history, etc. Interesting that your cardio is seeing this happen. Hope you get back to your baseline soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Heard on the news that J&J and Moderna have had more adverse reactions. My folks took Pfizer, they seem well, so I'm going with that one.
I plowed through the FDA findings for the J&J vaccine when they were first published and found that there were incidences of clotting problems and strokes during the clinical trials. But unless one reads that sort of thing or one's doctors inform you, you'd never know. It certainly wasn't publicized in advance, but now it's happening in the general population so it's getting the press.

Having a high risk for stroke (both kinds) myself, that was the reason my docs said "no" to J&J for me. Glad your parents did OK with it. Good luck and hope your experience is uneventful.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:34 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I plowed through the FDA findings for the J&J vaccine when they were first published and found that there were incidences of clotting problems and strokes during the clinical trials. But unless one reads that sort of thing or one's doctors inform you, you'd never know. It certainly wasn't publicized in advance, but now it's happening in the general population so it's getting the press.

Having a high risk for stroke (both kinds) myself, that was the reason my docs said "no" to J&J for me. Glad your parents did OK with it. Good luck and hope your experience is uneventful.
Thank you so much for the well wishes, I also hope things go as uneventful as necessary.

If you don't mind me asking, what vaccine did you finally get?

Has anyone heard anything about Astra Zeneca? Is it off the market?

Old 04-13-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what vaccine did you finally get?

Has anyone heard anything about Astra Zeneca? Is it off the market?
I still haven't been able to get any of the vaccines. I posted above in this thread about the reasons my doctors don't consider any of them appropriate for me. It's very frustrating . . . I really want to be vaccinated but the risk factors for me are just too great. So I'm still waiting and hoping for a solution, such as allergy tests for all of the components of the Covid vaccinations, not just the PEG and polysorbate, which are already test-able. One of my immunologists said that there are four patients in his practice for whom he won't approve the vaccinations and I'm one of those four. I don't know how many patients there are in the other immunologist's practice as I didn't ask but I gathered that there are quite a few. At least I'm not the only one.

Astra Zeneca wasn't approved in the US but that's all I know right now.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:12 AM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I still haven't been able to get any of the vaccines. I posted above in this thread about the reasons my doctors don't consider any of them appropriate for me. It's very frustrating . . . I really want to be vaccinated but the risk factors for me are just too great. So I'm still waiting and hoping for a solution, such as allergy tests for all of the components of the Covid vaccinations, not just the PEG and polysorbate, which are already test-able. One of my immunologists said that there are four patients in his practice for whom he won't approve the vaccinations and I'm one of those four. I don't know how many patients there are in the other immunologist's practice as I didn't ask but I gathered that there are quite a few. At least I'm not the only one.

Astra Zeneca wasn't approved in the US but that's all I know right now.

I'm not getting them either due to allergies, the shingles vaccine almost closed my throat. Someone gave me a list of what's allergenic in the 3 vaccines, each one is different IIRC but it's supposedly only one component that causes known allergies in each

Old 04-20-2021, 03:26 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
Got my vaccine, finally. It was Pfeizer. I was so worried that it was going to cause any problems, but thank God, I am doing well. Just some pain on my arm from the shot that's it. Good luck everyone , if you decide to go ahead and take it. Thank you for the well-wishes.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:45 PM

Good news! Thanks for the update.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:52 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,186 times
I got Covid in January this year and did the home Quarantine to the Tee . . 10 days after the bad news about my health I was greeted with a Clean Bill of Health and the Positive AB's to boot.

Waited exactly 90 days and proceeded with the Moderna Vaccine, the 1st Shot was a week ago (Sunday) at a Publix Pharmacy here in SW Miami.. I had just a pain around the Injection Area the following morning and that same day it went way, just a few hrs later. No other problems.

I am not concerned with the 2nd one coming on the 23rd, because NOTHING can be worse that having the bug/disease, and I went thru that so I am readily waiting for the final shot.

The Wife and Mother in Law got the Pfizer one at home and they both had NO issues either, and they are done with their 2 Sessions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies