Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,431 times

Advertisements

I had toenail fungus on one of my big toes for more than a year.
Tried this and that.
I'll tell you what worked: white vinegar, but you must expose the nail bed.

If you have toenail fungus, the nail will separate from the nail bed - take advantage of that and keep cutting your toenail until it is all the way down to the cuticle - you just keep lifting the nail and cutting - then apply white vinegar to the exposed nail bed.

My toenail fungus went away in something like two weeks.

My nail grew back healthy and reattached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
While reading a site devoted to alternative medicine, I did see where vinegar was recommended for toenail fungus. The article stated that many of the over-the-counter products have an equivalent of vinegar in the ingredients. It makes sense that plain vinegar would work.

Recently, a friend told me she has been working on minimizing her thickened toenails by using a mixture of tea tree oil and a carrier oil. I think she said she was using jojoba oil. I imagine any carrier oil would work. Personally, I don't see a problem with using the tea tree oil alone but if the other method works, who am I do knock it? I like using nature's medicine. I've seen too many people suffer negative results from pharmaceuticals.

Good for you that you were able to cure that fungus. And you did it without and RX!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
My doc said Oregano oil was way more potent than tea tree oil, and she was right. After just 2 applications, the fungus on the toenail itself was gone. Be sure to mix with a carrier oil or cream--the oregano oil really burns the skin.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
If it is real toenail fungus it will take a while to treat and also it needs to be treated internally. Usually people that get it have an overabundance of yeast in their blood stream and gut (Candidiasis) and need to kill what is feeding the yeast ---usually dairy and sugar and starch and processed foods. You can take AquaFlora to do tha which is a combination homepathic remedy and you need to be patient for 3 months give or take a month for it to get rid of the yeast. You also need to be vigilant about cleaning up your diet and strengthening your immune system.

Probably the foods you crave the most are the ones causing the fungus and need to be completely eliminated while healing.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:50 AM

39 posts, read 174,731 times
You might be surprised at a few of the remedies for this condition and one is plentiful and free.
Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus; Powerful and Effective

Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If it is real toenail fungus it will take a while to treat and also it needs to be treated internally. Usually people that get it have an overabundance of yeast in their blood stream and gut (Candidiasis) and need to kill what is feeding the yeast ---usually dairy and sugar and starch and processed foods. You can take AquaFlora to do tha which is a combination homepathic remedy and you need to be patient for 3 months give or take a month for it to get rid of the yeast. You also need to be vigilant about cleaning up your diet and strengthening your immune system.

Probably the foods you crave the most are the ones causing the fungus and need to be completely eliminated while healing.

I took a look at the AquaFlora website. Worth looking into. Thanks for the information.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,453 times
Default something else that works...

is Garlic. Take about 5 garlic capsules a day and it's gone...
K

Old 08-05-2012, 07:33 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
My doctor just told me to use Oregano oil, she said it's stronger than tea tree oil. After 3 applications, the toenail fungus was gone, the entire nail was clear. Dilute it in olive oil, though, or it will burn the skin around the nail.

There's also an Oregano oil compound for oral use (do not use the pure essential oil orally). Dilute the oral solution in water and take 2-3 times/day. Follow the instructions on the bottle. Both types are available at Whole Foods, as well as vitamin stores.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
soak your toe a few times in water with just a touch of pottasium permanganate (turns the water purple), and voila...fungus gone!

Old 08-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
soak your toe a few times in water with just a touch of pottasium permanganate (turns the water purple), and voila...fungus gone!
Does it turn your feet purple too?

I've read a lot about oregano oil working well but must be used carefully or it will burn the skin. No wonder it kills the fungus. That's some potent stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine