Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 09:43 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,398,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Doctors and scientists have been viewing the safety profile and looking at this (and other drugs) since the beginning of the pandemic. I hope you watched the video. Over the last month or so doctors and scientists have been begging the NIH and the WHO to simply review the evidence. They have different protocols for prophylaxis, early outpatient, inpatient, etc. The prophylaxis protocols for low risk individuals consist of vitamins and don’t even include this drug.

It could be used as a bridge or with the vaccine or without the vaccine. It’s another tool in the toolbox to save lives.

There is a lot of evidence at is point in time that this works and is safe. There is no excuse to not move forward with it considering we are in the middle of a pandemic. None at all.
That's exactly the point. It doesn't matter if ivermectin reduces the spread of Covid; if it reduces the impact of getting covid, it's another avenue to reopening the world. Right now, Covid is about the mildest of diseases that you would lock down a country over (debatable- many would say it's too mild for lockdowns).

But if we could make it even milder, by giving ivermectin immediately upon a positive test, to where the survival rate increases from 99.97% to 99.99% or higher, then perhaps people will finally feel safe coming out again.

Everyone is nuts about a vaccine, but if covid were no worse than the common cold due to interventions like ivermectin, the result would be the same- back to life as usual. My family has already decided amongst ourselves that if any of us catch covid, we will get our hands on invermectin and take it. There is just no downside to doing so- the side effects are basically nil and the safety of the drug has been proven for decades.

Old 01-06-2021, 09:58 AM

5,977 posts, read 3,715,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
This is the part I think you are missing.

Scientists are working in a field that has for decades suffered from chronic underfunding and are used to having to do multiple things at once, such as writing grants, training lab assistants, and setting up experiments. Very few scientists can devote 100% of their time to reviewing the safety and efficacy profile of a particular proposed drug. Approving a drug that may impact millions of people is not something that can be brushed off as a formality. Even if the drug has a proven track record of safety, the efficacy must be reviewed not only for data completeness but also to make sure the researchers didn't have pre-existing biases or conflicts of interest. This process takes at least weeks and more commonly months. You can't expect scientists to simply drop everything they are doing just to review a drug.

But let's suppose you're right, that this turns out to be the miracle drug. Most COVID-19 transmission happens before symptoms and in the first few days of symptoms, before someone would even have gotten medical attention or testing. Unless you're proposing the entire population taking the drug regularly, you're not going to have much impact on transmission. And if you did have the entire population taking it prophylactically, you'd have all the same distribution problems for the drug as you do for the vaccine, minus the cold chain issues. Manufacturing would be in short supply for weeks to months. Plus, why should we assume that people will comply with their medication better than they comply with masks?

If you mean to suggest that this should be explored more as a temporary "bridge" solution, maybe it isn't so much a bad idea. But realistically it isn't going to push forward the date we can return to normal by much, perhaps if everyone took the drug regularly we could do it a month sooner at best.

As a treatment option for people who are catching COVID-19, it might work well, but even so, the medical system must avoid being overwhelmed in order to administer the drug to everyone. Don't expect it to be approved as an OTC drug even with the evidence. FWIW, marijuana has a lot going for it in regards to certain forms of epilepsy but the feds still don't allow it.
I don't think there is any comparison between all the problems and requirements associated with manufacturing and distributing a vaccine that must be administered one at a time by syringe by a professional and a liquid that could be taken by an individual as easy as taking a teaspoon of cough syrup.

I don't know what the current supply of Ivermectin is in the world, but apparently it's off patent protection by now and could be manufactured by any drug maker in the world. It's very inexpensive to make and needs no special handling. It can be made in pill form or liquid form. And it has an extensive safety record over decades. The only disadvantage to Ivermectin is that no Big Pharma company would get rich from the manufacture and distribution of it. Hence, there's no push in the medical industry to use it.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:40 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I don't think there is any comparison between all the problems and requirements associated with manufacturing and distributing a vaccine that must be administered one at a time by syringe by a professional and a liquid that could be taken by an individual as easy as taking a teaspoon of cough syrup.

I don't know what the current supply of Ivermectin is in the world, but apparently it's off patent protection by now and could be manufactured by any drug maker in the world. It's very inexpensive to make and needs no special handling. It can be made in pill form or liquid form. And it has an extensive safety record over decades. The only disadvantage to Ivermectin is that no Big Pharma company would get rich from the manufacture and distribution of it. Hence, there's no push in the medical industry to use it.
Isn't this the truth, especially your last sentences...

Old 01-06-2021, 01:19 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
OK. So why does the FDA say "it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19"?
Because no pharma company is backing Ivermectin and putting hands in the pockets of the FDA chairs. Anybody who does biotech licensing knows how expensive and difficult it is to get FDA approval. Emergency covid19 approval requires the company behind Ivermectin to push it forward with an application.

Right now we are only seeing Doctors and practioners begging for it's usage. They are prescribing it anyways but only with limited support. If they keep prescribing it without FDA approval they could lose their license.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:01 PM

I found this on google in the "scholarly articles" section: https://www.researchgate.net/profile...h-COVID-19.pdf

Quote:
Ivermectin is cheap, usually safe and, as suggested by our study of Bangladeshi COVID-19 patients and by others [7, 11, 12 ], may be a potent agent with anti-SARSCoV-2 activity. At a minimum, its administration to our COVID-19 patients substantially reduced their hospital stay and mortality
I don't understand why this medication isn't automatic now for anyone testing positive. Looks much better to me than a vaccine. This is only one of tens of articles or papers that I've personally read that advocate for the treatment, and it just frustrates me so much as an American that a drug exists that can save lives and we just totally ignore it while pushing brand new vaccines instead that are expensive, untested, and difficult to administer nationwide.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
I found this on google in the "scholarly articles" section: https://www.researchgate.net/profile...h-COVID-19.pdf

I don't understand why this medication isn't automatic now for anyone testing positive. Looks much better to me than a vaccine. This is only one of tens of articles or papers that I've personally read that advocate for the treatment, and it just frustrates me so much as an American that a drug exists that can save lives and we just totally ignore it while pushing brand new vaccines instead that are expensive, untested, and difficult to administer nationwide.

Agreed. If we truly want to save lives and keep hospitals from becoming overwhelmed than we need to follow the science, listen to those on the frontlines and use this drug and the protocols today. There is more than enough evidence to move forward. What are we waiting for?

Old 01-06-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Bingo?! I've seen this months ago and used worldwide to reduce deaths. Yet American doctors are struggling to keep people alive using expensive methods. They approved remdesivir which is an expensive useless anti-flu med that has proven to show at best a 7% improvement at a cost of $15k with no insurance.
Yet the same remdesivir costs $2k in developing countries.

So far the tests done worldwide without American sanctioned bodies have yielded incredible results with reduction of COVID deaths.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02958-2

Why would I want covid vaccine with unproven longterm safety when Ivermectin has been around for over 60 years. And many farmers swear by it to prevent parasites infections when they get nicked or bitten by wild animals or insects.

I've bought enough Ivermectin for my family, so none of us will need ICU when we get covid.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a697037.html

Azithromycin is the commercial prescription Ivermectin.

What's bad right now is any well known Youtube channel or Podcast have been warned or threaten by unknown entities against promoting of Ivermectin. Even Medcram's Dr. Seheult no longer promoting Ivermectin. In fear of being cancelled or deleted if he promotes Ivermectin.

Last edited by vision33r; 01-06-2021 at 02:36 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 02:34 PM

Sorry, but azithromycin is not ivermectin. It's a different drug, although in many studies, azithromycin is administered at the same time as ivermectin as the cocktail is even more effective than ivermectin alone.

When I was a kid, azithromycin was the wonder drug that always made you feel better- it was called a Z Pack. But it's not ivermectin.

So you have a good start there but you need to get your hands on some ivermectin too!

Old 01-06-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but azithromycin is not ivermectin. It's a different drug, although in many studies, azithromycin is administered at the same time as ivermectin as the cocktail is even more effective than ivermectin alone.

When I was a kid, azithromycin was the wonder drug that always made you feel better- it was called a Z Pack. But it's not ivermectin.

So you have a good start there but you need to get your hands on some ivermectin too!
Thanks! I will order from same place they deliver fast.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:17 PM

Turns out I did order Ivermectin correctly, they shipped it with the Azithromycin. I took a sample prescription of Ivermectin I saw online and use that to order these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine