Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 05:28 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,040,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I think countries in Latin America should discourage Western European and West African immigration and instead try to increase native populations. Why not put strict VISA requirements in place for people coming over from Spain or England or Nigeria?
Why?

Population density...

Asia: 87/km2
Europe: 73/km2
Africa: 36/km2

North America: 23/km2
South America: 21/km2
Oceania: 4/km2

Old 12-05-2015, 12:49 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Nations are free to draft their own immigration policies to encourage or discourage whatever they feel best suits them. As far as encouraging or discouraging growth among present minorities... i dont really see the point. People are gonna do what people are gonna do. Look at Japan, where they have put various incentives in place to raise their negative birthrates, and how most of these policies have fallen totally flat. These rates are rooted in wocietal norms and realities, and it would take a huge effort to try to raise these numbers concisely... and chances are, these would come at the (literal) expense of non-natives in the form of tax revenues, preferential treatment in various situations, etc, which the non-native population would understandably be disinterested in fostering.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:44 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,491,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
this is false.

the reason the indigenous population was severely depleted (completely destroyed in many places) is due to diseases brought by European and genocide practiced by Europeans.
Eventually, no matter what, these populations would have been exposed to these diseases and decimated.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:41 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,342,870 times
Argentina was astonishingly white when I visited. If I had to guess, I'd say 90%+ were entirely of European descent and much of them were of northern Spanish and Northern Italian heritage where as a lot of the latinos we have in America are from the Southern portions of those countries. I loved the European vibe of Argentina and dig the country overall. I don't know if the government should have a stance one way or another on race. I'd prefer the government to not be racist.

I'm asian, btw and I have family that emigrated to Argentina from Vietnam. They seem to like it as well. It's not so much about who's getting educated but its good to have at least SOME immigrants because the people like my cousins are hard-working and just want opportunities that many take for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas