Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Latin American mega city?
Lima 1 4.17%
Sao Paulo 5 20.83%
Mexico City 12 50.00%
Rio De Janeiro 4 16.67%
Bogota 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:06 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,776,221 times

Advertisements

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I think Cali would be more my kind of place
You'd probably like it. You should try someday.

But for me, meh... I can take it or leave it. I actually own a house there (in Tequendama). But I rent it out. I couldn't imagine myself living there. Part of this is because it's hot and I prefer cooler climates. It's an ok city, it has a big university, it has some interesting neighborhoods and some interesting architecture on some of the houses. There's a huge nightclub scene with different areas that are blocks and blocks of nothing but nightclubs. The music scene is good and the city is a very diverse population of ethnicities. It's a very vibrant city. People sort of "live to go out and party on the weekends". So I just listed some positive things, I suppose.

But if I had to choose between Cali and Manizales I would choose Manizales which has a cooler climate and to me is more charming. But everyone would say Manizales is "boring", while Cali is "exciting". Which I suppose is true. It depends on what you want.

Another thing is, I find women in Manizales much more attractive. Not that I need that, as I'm married, but having attractive women around isn't a bad thing.

I would also choose Medellin over Cali to live, but to be honest I can much more easily see myself living in Madrid than in Colombia. And probably will, someday, after I'm done with this Silicon Valley career stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 02:45 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Interesting poll. I lived in two of those cities, and visited a third.

One I have never been is Mexico City, and it seems to be winning this poll. I've been wanting to see that city for quite some time. I also love Mexican food, as every good American does

One of the two cities I lived in, that is in the poll, is Sao Paulo. I loved living there. Not sure I'd want to relocate back again, as I quite like my current city, and continue to dream of living in other cities that I've never lived in before. But, I certainly enjoyed living in Sao Paulo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas