Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2017, 03:25 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,192,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
Intellectual dishonesty is on full display here. Arguing a point that nobody made. FYI, I am the only Jamaican in this thread. I have not made any of the points that you are alleging. Reine hasn't made any of those points either. You are also misrepresenting CaribNY. Your issues with CaribNY have nothing to do with this thread.

You keep stating points that everybody else already agrees with. Also, if you don't like anecdotes, stop using them yourself. You like to put words in people' mouths and then argue against those fake opinions. You are essentially debating yourself. There is nothing more to be gained intellectually from this thread in its current form.

I still think the question of whether or not the DR is more similar to Bolivia or TnT is an interesting one. For some reason you don't (you stated your opinion but didn't address it after being challenged). But then again you said you don't care about the Anglo Caribbean (in spite of your numerous posts in this Anglo Caribbean thread).
On point.

To be honest, I actually was replying out of boredom but it really is pointless now.

This topic could allow for some interesting discussion for those of us who are interested in the Caribbean and Latin America on a whole though, such as the T&T/DR/Bolivia discussion.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:09 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,104,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
On point.

To be honest, I actually was replying out of boredom but it really is pointless now.

This topic could allow for some interesting discussion for those of us who are interested in the Caribbean and Latin America on a whole though, such as the T&T/DR/Bolivia discussion.
Quite true..I am still pondering which one DR would be more similar to...wish I knew someone that has been to all 3 countries for their perspective

Old 02-27-2017, 05:36 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,008,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
Intellectual dishonesty is on full display here. Arguing a point that nobody made. FYI, I am the only Jamaican in this thread. I have not made any of the points that you are alleging. Reine hasn't made any of those points either. You are also misrepresenting CaribNY. Your issues with CaribNY have nothing to do with this thread.

You keep stating points that everybody else already agrees with. Also, if you don't like anecdotes, stop using them yourself. You like to put words in people' mouths and then argue against those fake opinions. You are essentially debating yourself. There is nothing more to be gained intellectually from this thread in its current form.

I still think the question of whether or not the DR is more similar to Bolivia or TnT is an interesting one. For some reason you don't (you stated your opinion but didn't address it after being challenged). But then again you said you don't care about the Anglo Caribbean (in spite of your numerous posts in this Anglo Caribbean thread).
I have no problem with my opinion being challenged. I can defend it if is challenged. But this is a public forum, and of course I don't expect people to always agree with me.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
How can you make this comparison when you admit to not visiting or being interested in the non Hispanic Caribbean ?
Because I have been to a number of Hispanic nations, including the Spanish Caribbean.

I've seen no evidence from official sources or even anecdotal from Latinos or Latin Americans themselves that there's this massive identification or similarity to the Anglo Caribbean.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:03 PM

2,753 posts, read 2,431,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Because I have been to a number of Hispanic nations, including the Spanish Caribbean.

I've seen no evidence from official sources or even anecdotal from Latinos or Latin Americans themselves that there's this massive identification or similarity to the Anglo Caribbean.
You are able to comment on the non-Hispanic Caribbean because you have been to Hispanic countries? Does that make sense to you?

Old 02-28-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:

Basically everyone in this thread believes that the non-Latino Caribbean and Latin America are distinct from each other.

No one is arguing that there is any massive identification or similarity.

Moving on...

Old 02-28-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
You are able to comment on the non-Hispanic Caribbean because you have been to Hispanic countries? Does that make sense to you?
Yes, it does. I can comment that Jamaica and the non Hispanic Caribbean overall had little influence in Latin America, and were not acknowledged.

Deal with it.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Basically everyone in this thread believes that the non-Latino Caribbean and Latin America are distinct from each other.

No one is arguing that there is any massive identification or similarity.

Moving on...
Finally you can acknowledge this. LOL

This is quite clear.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:

This is quite clear.
I made it clear from my initial response. Apparently, you have difficulty reading or are desperate for attention.

Quote:
Latin America includes the Spanish, Portuguese and French (or Kreyol) speaking nations, imho. The other nations tend to be Caribbean and/or West Indian, though some in the Latin America group are also Caribbean and/or West Indian.
Next.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:44 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,104,468 times
Quote:

This is quite clear.
And there goes the plausible deniability out the window...for someone who hates CaribNY so much, its funny that you wouldn't stop until you proved his accusations against you correct...your inherent bias and hatred of Anglo Caribbeans is now fully exposed...you are on troll status now Boss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas