Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 6,195 times

Advertisements

I would like to move to Argentina (actually tryign to debate between Argentina, Chile, or Uruguay) and am having a really tough time coming up wtih the perfect place. But I was wondering if anyone could tell me realistically what rent prices are like in Argentina (in particular i am looking at Cordoba, and Punilla Valley region (Villa Carlos Paz, La Falda etc..). I cannot seem to find any information on what rent prices are actually like here if you are on the ground and able to find a decent place. LIke a 2-3 bedroom house. If anyone has any experience in this please let me know.
CHeers!
Mavy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
HI! Im from Argentina, but i live in Buenos Aires, not in Cordoba, and i think the prices are more expensive here. I will go search the renting sites and see if i can find how prices are in cordoba and let you know, hopefuly find a helpful data for you.
what i can tell you is that Córdoba is a BEAUTIFUL province/city. Incredible landscape, ideal weather (sunny, warm all year), landscape wise is one of the most beautiful provinces in Argentina, and the city of Cordoba is supposed to be super interesting too (a 2 million year city with lot of cultural life and things to do) so i think you will love it there!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:03 AM

92 posts, read 250,043 times
I'm also interested of the typical prices of things in Buenos Aires. Typical cost of a cheap meal? A beer? ect

Old 06-04-2011, 04:43 PM

324 posts, read 714,626 times
Last time in BA - a good asada was $20 or so. Wine from $10 + and the greatest beef tenderloins from about $25 or so - fork tender.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,195 times
So is there no one living in the Punilla Valley?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:07 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
What are the rents like in BA or Rosario? (for a small flat)

Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 AM

92 posts, read 250,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawknest View Post
Last time in BA - a good asada was $20 or so. Wine from $10 + and the greatest beef tenderloins from about $25 or so - fork tender.
Yeah im a 19 year old college student, i'm not going to be buying a 25 dollar pork tendorloin. I'm talkin cheap street food or somethin

Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Mode Pls View Post
Yeah im a 19 year old college student, i'm not going to be buying a 25 dollar pork tendorloin. I'm talkin cheap street food or somethin
food is not cheap here at all (rather very expensive). You may be able to get big sandwiches or "street food" by 1 or 2 dollars if you want, but i wouldnt recommend street food. You can go to a regular-looking restaurant or sandwich place and get big sandwiches and soda for 20 pesos, wich would be something like 4/5 dollars. You also have subway/mcdonalds/burgerking and all kinds of those here, in subway you can get a sandwich for 15 pesos (3 dollars or so).
But I recommend to get a local beef sandwich, those are much better and you will be able to get them at 4 or 5 dollars. You wont get a sandwich at 1 dollar. Or maybe you will, but i dont recommend to eat "street sandwich" its not healthy. One or two more dollars you will get a delicious sandwich or meal. There is this arab food call shawarma, wich you can get in a lot of places for less than 5 dollars. If you preffer to take local food, then buy a beef sandwich. There are tons of local parrillas who send delicious sandwiches. I eat a pork one the other day for 17 pesos (4 dollars or something). Delicious.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 AM

324 posts, read 714,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawknest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Mode Pls View Post
Who said pork? Argentina reaises the BEST BEEF in the world.

Cheap eats are everywhere, but don't buy street food -

Old 06-12-2011, 04:41 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,376,630 times
Why not look at the classified ads section of a local newpaper in Cordoba?
Clasificados de Autos, Inmuebles, Empleos y mucho ms en Crdoba

Do you speak spanish? If so, click your search under Inmuebles, Departmentos, Alquileres Ofrecidos. If you filter results to show 1 bedroom apartments, there are over 300 listed. The vast majority are priced between 1000 to 1500 pesos per month. That is roughly USD 250-375 per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas