Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQp View Post
Actually since i'm technically still in the service I really can't it's bad form and will not do so. As a civilian though I have no issue voicing my opinions unfortunately that day isn't quite here yet.
A man with morals or at least knowing right from wrong, couth and uncouth. Good for you, sir!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 PM

260 posts, read 511,727 times
If President Obama visit Arizona, I think he will bring another 50 or 100 million to help with the border problem. And I think he will also order to dig more wells and water stations, and signs directing the illegal aliens to the water. I m sure he will not come empty handed.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
If President Obama visit Arizona, I think he will bring another 50 or 100 million to help with the border problem. And I think he will also order to dig more wells and water stations, and signs directing the illegal aliens to the water. I m sure he will not come empty handed.
So some enterprising individual will find the source(s) of the water and...

Old 07-12-2010, 09:16 PM

157 posts, read 568,680 times
Okay, I haven't participated in one of these political game questions, but here goes;

According to polls the only thing more popular than SB 1070 (70%) is the Democratic plan for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (84%). I don't get it. People just want change.

In August when I have to travel the hotel will be empty and the bed won't be made. I expect Obama will recover, and little else will change.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
. . . or they could SUE the Illegals and the Druggies, Mouser.
Ahh a working vacation

Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 PM

731 posts, read 1,368,334 times
Census workers can make the bed.

I live in Northwest Arkansas. I have noticed wherever you see a lot of hispanics in Arkansas, you know the economy is strong; or there are nearby chicken farms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
In August when I have to travel the hotel will be empty and the bed won't be made. I expect Obama will recover, and little else will change.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Doesn't matter if he's "welcome" or not. He's the president, and he will go to whichever state he feels the need to go as part of his job.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 PM

32 posts, read 49,964 times
Come on down! The more the big guy opens his mouth, the more people get a good look at his intentions... Nothing but more rhetoric and mumble jumble and nothing but empty promises.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:35 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Doesn't matter if he's "welcome" or not. He's the president, and he will go to whichever state he feels the need to go as part of his job.
Of course it matters, as the president he should be somewhat sensitive to the needs of ALL of his constituents.

Listen, I think Obama personally, is a good guy. I'd probably really like to be friends with him. I also think the law we passed is really unconstitutional.

However, right now we are facing a major federal power grab. I'm a states rights guy, so of course I'll fight against it. I'm also against corruption...and Washington DC stinks of something sinister.

He should visit AZ. He should visit the border and watch the Cartel kill each other, and innocents, right in front of him. He shouldn't SUE the state, that stinks of a drunken lawyer. Challenge it in the Supreme Court. If he did that, I'd be in here saying I think they should rule against it on grounds of the 4th Amendment.

As long as he is SUING residents of a state, he is not welcome in that state, and I'm sticking to that.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:56 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Here's a simple thing a President has the power to do:

Why not threaten Mexico with a trade embargo? Unless we see a very real effort, for them to secure their northern border with the same ferocity, they secure their southern border...we will start restricting trade.

Trust me, at that point the rich people of Mexico will get in the President and the Federali's Orejas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona