Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 AM

25 posts, read 77,605 times

Advertisements

Bippy is just another temporary BLIP on Arizona's radar. Here one week, then gone the next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
Ditto!

I have a coworker that is a really nice person. I'm more grumpy. Everywhere we go he meets nice people who are nice to him. While I meet grumpy people who are grumpy to me. Huh!? Go figure!
This post is great...and profound in a slightly weird way..

Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,150 times
There are a lot of mean people in Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma, Prescott, Flagstaff, Salome, (actually there arent a lot of any kind of people in Salome) Kingman, Page, Payson...etc, etc...

And there are a lot of nice folks there too..(well..except for Salome...but I digress..)

And what is funny is that sometimes nice folks one day, are pretty grumpy the next...depending on circumstances....

Its called human nature.

The OP's question is really kind of dumb and makes little sense.....(sorry...that was sort of mean...)

But I am sure they are fine folks...(whew...redeemed myself there)

Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
People in Southern Arizona are extremely nice! They are too nice for my comfort. A lot of people say "sir" and "ma'am" It has the charm of people from the Southern United States without the racist and conservative views(. I feel like people are more "real"

I also see a lot more diversity in Southern Arizona. Most people seem to have some type of Hispanic background. And yes, they are conservative politically but are not racist. It's interesting. There are a lot of Hispanic Americans that have been in the area for generations and even though they endorse bills like 1070, they are not the spewing rednecks. They endorse the law but empathetic at the same time.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM

206 posts, read 534,977 times
I have to agree with Bippy. I've lived all over the U.S.,including Hawaii and people in different area's ARE very much different in many way's. I lived all over S. California and noticed huge differences in the niceness and values of people living along the coast as opposed to the inland, rural area's. I now live in rural Cochise County Az. and, (in general), it's a very strange mixture of low-class Whites, retiree's, Gypsy misfits, Hispanics,and very few native's. Different area's DO have different type's of people..

Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 PM

339 posts, read 832,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveeast31 View Post
Are you planning on moving to the valley or up North near Flagstaff or Sedona? They all have a very different feel to them I think. Arizona is a unique mix of people from all over the country so you get your good and your bad. I have only met a handful of people that actually grew up here but I expect that will change with this generation of people that have moved here and are raising their children here. I have met almost as many people here that are from the suburbs of Chicago where I grew up as I did when I lived there : ) Where are you moving from? I would definitely make a trip or two to get a feel of the areas before deciding on one and, since you have two young ones, make those area's schools a priority as our state is not known for it's educational system. In the end I think every place is what you make of it and if you have any other questions about the valley in particular feel free to ask...I have lived from the East Valley to the West : )
Yeah people are pretty friendly if you are friendly, but they don't go out of their way to try to be overly friendly. If you make eye contact and smile they will smile and speak, but if you just stand there and look unaproachable they will give you your space.

And that's true about the mix of people, half of the people I talk to come from some other state!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I favor Tucson, myself.
Yes the people of Tucson are very nice!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
People in Southern Arizona are extremely nice! They are too nice for my comfort. A lot of people say "sir" and "ma'am" It has the charm of people from the Southern United States without the racist and conservative views(. I feel like people are more "real"

I also see a lot more diversity in Southern Arizona. Most people seem to have some type of Hispanic background. And yes, they are conservative politically but are not racist. It's interesting. There are a lot of Hispanic Americans that have been in the area for generations and even though they endorse bills like 1070, they are not the spewing rednecks. They endorse the law but empathetic at the same time.
Yeah I like the diversity of Tucson with the Hispanics and Indians here as well as blacks & whites. I think there's more Hispanics & Indians than any other group.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 PM

0 posts, read 6,281 times
I live in Arizona and I love the heat!!! It doesn't ever seem to get hot enough though for me :/
While other people say, "It's to hot!" I say, "It's to bright and cold!" Lol. Right now we're above 100* and I feel like I'm stuck in 70*. It's so strange. But even through all this heat people are extremly nice, I mean not every person you meet here's nice. The best places are Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Prescott that I know of so far. The worst it Sun City. Tons of crabby old people.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:50 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,152,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bippy_McSquizzle View Post
Thanks. Here's a post that doesn't smack of meanness and illogical reasoning.
Damn... talk about oversensitive. Look, your original question was sort of dumb, vague, and had some liberal, touchy-feely undertones which not everyone can relate to. .
And some of your replies showed that in a figurative sense, you can't take the heat (pun intended). Yep... stay where you are, dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona